2020/21 Marcel Brands

Status
Not open for further replies.
If im not wrong Usmanov's nephew is the DOF or something similar for the womens teams -- i think hes signed some of the best players around for record fees + sold for big money as well.

A coincidence?
Without wanting to be disparaging, the men's game and the women's game are poles apart including in business and acquisitions.

A DoF or manager in one wouldn't automatically transfer to the other.

He has done a really god job for the womens team, and secured external sponsors.

He has also sold a player for a record fee.

Yes seems to have done well for them ;)

Brands hasnt offloaded anyone difficult yet...Redknapp was the master of it.

Without wanting to be disparaging, the men's game and the women's game are poles apart including in business and acquisitions.

A DoF or manager in one wouldn't automatically transfer to the other.

Yes i think hes in there to enjoy himself and learn about the way things are done.

My guess would be a position in future on the operations side.

What makes you think this mate?

I'm not sure, he has signed a 3 year deal. If he wanted to replace him, I'd imagine they just dont renew that deal.

Brands will stay...this summer though will show if hes got the goods.

What makes you think this mate?

I'm not sure, he has signed a 3 year deal. If he wanted to replace him, I'd imagine they just dont renew that deal.
Moshiri is quite prepared to cave into fan opinion. As long as it doesn’t affect him directly. He knows the fans aren’t happy and are out for blood. Brands is expendable collateral damage.

Yes seems to have done well for them ;)

Brands hasnt offloaded anyone difficult yet...Redknapp was the master of it.

Yes i think hes in there to enjoy himself and learn about the way things are done.

My guess would be a position in future on the operations side.

Brands will stay...this summer though will show if hes got the goods.

Who's Redknapp mate?

Ismailov is actually the CEO of the womens team not the DOF. If he came over here I wonder if it would be as CEO.

Moshiri is quite prepared to cave into fan opinion. As long as it doesn’t affect him directly. He knows the fans aren’t happy and are out for blood. Brands is expendable collateral damage.

Which I suppose leads to 2 points though.
1) Is there any serious outpouring against Brands? Theres a few grumbles but in honesty no more (and hes far more popular than the managed).

2) Is he any more unpopular than when he signed the contract? Again I just dont see that.

Of course people can change course, but he had the perfect and cheap way to let Brands go and he didnt take it. Hes given him a long term deal.

My question for Brands is more, what is he now doing in this supposed new role he has.

He was in Hollan

He is in quarantine because he's just back from the Netherlands. Rumours it could have been transfer related but who knows
Just find it interesting that the nephew is in some reveal shots, I'd like to know for what reason, wink wink.

If the rumours are true then he has a chance to move Sigurdsson on for £8.6mil. Bernard possibly as well to take us to £15mil for the pair.

Surely he finally has to start making actual sales now...
Problem is, you need these players to actually want to leave. If that journo on twitter is to be believed, we are telling Gylfi we want you gone but he wants to stay in them prem

I don't understand why people think he will be leaving when he just signed a 3 year extension. If they wanted him to go, then they had a very easy solution.

It is Everton like, but offering a new contract just to sack someone sounds too stupid even for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.