New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've touched on this a few times. I don't think anyone is still angry that he said it, they're angry that somebody who said it is being made manager of their club, it's quite a big difference. If somebody goes on record today as saying 'the working class are freeloading scum' and in 15 years becomes leader of the Labour party, then I would be unhappy about that too.
Yes, but that betrays an ideology. This was a simple reflex remark that showed Everton had got to him, nothing more.

He's signed and he's been seen at the training ground . I think their next appointment should be someone who can use Adobe Pro . How long does it take to create a sniveling video ?

He's going to have us playing exactly the same way as Moyes did when we play Liverpool at Anfield. The same way Ancelotti did, the same way Koeman did, the same way Allardyce did and the same way Silva did

The only difference is this time he'll spin it as a good tactic because he's the one doing it instead of being on the receiving end of it

If you truly believe we're a small club because we play defensively away at one of the best teams in all of Europe in an effort to nick 1/3 points, then Rafael Benitez is going to change NOTHING
When we play like that at the pit, if we are lucky enough to get a 0-0, you just know what the first question will be in the presser. I think there is a good chance Klippety won't be able to resist harking back to it as well.

He's going to have us playing exactly the same way as Moyes did when we play Liverpool at Anfield. The same way Ancelotti did, the same way Koeman did, the same way Allardyce did and the same way Silva did

The only difference is this time he'll spin it as a good tactic because he's the one doing it instead of being on the receiving end of it

If you truly believe we're a small club because we play defensively away at one of the best teams in all of Europe in an effort to nick 1/3 points, then Rafael Benitez is going to change NOTHING

He's just going to do the same thing we've always been doing, except now it will magically be okay because he's the one doing it, when it was bad when the other guys did it

It's why his comment was bollocks then and it's bollocks now

Yes, but that betrays an ideology. This was a simple reflex remark that showed Everton had got to him, nothing more.
It's a throwaway example, not a direct equivalence. The point is saying 'people shouldn't still be angry about something that happened 15 years ago' is missing the point. They aren't still angry about it being said, they just think the bloke who said it shouldn't be given the opportunity to manage the club they love.

didnt we win under ancelotti? :oops:

Because there's nothing to clear.

You all sound like my kids.

Reality:

Eva: "Daaaaaaad, Evan said I support a small club"

Me: "Just sort it out amongst yourselves, I'm trying to cook dinner"

Me: *Pours a large glass of wine.*

GOT version:

Eva: "Daaaaaaad, Evan said I support a small club"

Me: WHAT?!?!?! Disown your brother NOW and never speak to him again!! When he's 18, find out where he lives and put a threatening banner outside his house. Never forgive him, no matter what he does for you in the future!! In fact, I'll help you make the banner and kick him out now so you can go hang it at whatever foster carer he ends up at!!!!.............unless he just says 'Soz', in which case, still hold a grudge, but just bottle it deep inside."

Me: *Pi$$e$ in my pants due to the uncontrollable rage that burns deep within*

---Fin---
The difference being your kids will grow up and leave home.

I dislike him on the basis he managed them lot but mainly because he is crap, what has he recently achieved? Keeping Newcastle up? How are we meant to get excited by this appointment

The last manager we had before Ancelotti that won anything of note in England apart from Martinez's solitary FA Cup was Howard Kendall in 1998.

Mikey you're a good lid, but I really don't know why you're hanging your hat on this to be honest...

Status
Not open for further replies.