New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Imagine the scenes.....Rafael does great for 2 seasons. A trophy and maybe qualify for the CL. Then Klopp leaves the RS and Rafael defects. I can honestly see this scenario (theoretical b/c we ain't getting a trophy or the CL)

To me it's a simple matter of respect and a clear extension of an olive branch

Benitez apologising for the comment would be a moment of contrition that showed he was committed to trying and establish a decent relationship with the fan base

I'll say this right now, if he did apologise I would consider the matter closed and I'd tell anyone else who was still bothered by it to let it go

It's nothing more than a show of good faith and an act of courtesy on his part

He should be capable of that

• When it comes to preventing injuries, Paco de Miguel has a very simple theory. "The closer a player is to peak physical fitness, the higher risk of injury there is". That is why Benítez's right-hand man prefers to have his players at around 85% of their peak fitness levels.

No danger of that here, Paco.
That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

The fitter you are, the less prone you are

To me it's a simple matter of respect and a clear extension of an olive branch

Benitez apologising for the comment would be a moment of contrition that showed he was committed to trying and establish a decent relationship with the fan base

I'll say this right now, if he did apologise I would consider the matter closed and I'd tell anyone else who was still bothered by it to let it go

It's nothing more than a show of good faith and an act of courtesy on his part

He should be capable of that

He already has. His reasoning for the comment was fine.

That said, despite being pretty fine with this, it still amazes me it's actually happening.

I expect nothing less than for him to get on his knees and apologise for his insults, and then announce his resignation with immediate effect before further apologising for all the distress he has caused the fans with his shameless behaviour.

That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

The fitter you are, the less prone you are
Not necessarily.

OP, shin splints, stress fractures...plenty of injuries come from over-exertion.

I think the 85% thing makes a lot more sense than how it initially sounds.

• When it comes to preventing injuries, Paco de Miguel has a very simple theory. "The closer a player is to peak physical fitness, the higher risk of injury there is". That is why Benítez's right-hand man prefers to have his players at around 85% of their peak fitness levels.
Only another 50% to go to get to the 85% then...

Status
Not open for further replies.