New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The only way that I'm currently getting the slightest glimmer of hope out of this debacle is that in some way shape or form I was actually onboard with the previous appointments post Moyes - the exception being Allardyce, I rue the day he was associated with Everton and always will.

However Martinez, Koeman, Silva, and Ancelotti all in their own way offered a little bit of hope and initially at least I was always prepared to back them and give them time. This one now, to me at least, is just weird! Ignoring the "small club" stuff, he's done the grand sum of nothing for years, plays an awful defensive brand of football, and went off to China to boost his pension pot!

How Everton would it be for the one Manager (Allardyce apart!) that I just can't get on board with in any way whatsoever is the one that actually does get something out of this group of imposters and wasters that sadly represent "our" football club!

As I said - slightest glimmer of hope!

Godd I haven't looked at a picture of Unsworth for a long time. I know its hard, shouldn't comment on people's weight and appearance etc, but if your job is literally elite level sport you have to do better. It's £35 a session for a personal trainer. They could have paid for one for him. Sorry but role models are important.
Maybe he just has a very big coat on? lol

I care. It's not the main reason I didn't want him here, but it's an issue. Football is tribal, it's basically a substitute for war. People are very parochial and partisan about football, they always have been and always will be. You can argue over whether that's how people should feel and whether it's healthy and all that, but it won't change the fact that that's how it is. Ignoring it, or pretending that everyone sees football matters rationally, is pointless. The manager of a football club is the rallying point for the followers of that club, you should believe in them and feel that they're one of you. You should want to go into battle with them, be proud of them, feel that they have your best interests at heart. When the manager of your club that you sing about being 'the greatest team the world has ever seen' has publicly called you a small club, and has a clear bond (not just previous relationship but ongoing love-in) with your biggest rivals, then it's difficult to feel that way. For that reason, the small club comment is an issue for me. Not arsed whether people say get over it or whatever, that isn't how it works.

'The manager of a football club is the rallying point for the followers of that club, you should believe in them and feel that they're one of you. You should want to go into battle with them, be proud of them, feel that they have your best interests at heart.'

Isn't that exactly what Benitez did when he called us a small club? Wasn't he just bring at one with the kopites in their 'battle' over us? Managers move from club to club, and with a small number of exceptions take on the battle and the war cry for each club they manage.

You're assuming that Benitez is a life long RS now, when it was most likely just another stepping stone in his managerial journey. There's no reason why he can't have the same attitude and war-cry as our manager as he did for that lot.

Let's hope he actually does.

Because it was a horrible opinion, same way that people pick you up or your opinions. But nobody told him he was 'in the wrong' for expressing that opinion.

You aren't the arbiter of that, nor am I.

Says you.. he was spot on in the end the bloke was a past it dinosaur.

Yet the same fans slamming him for saying that are burning their season tickets over Benitez being a past it dinosaur.

I just find hypocritical - you either back every manager from the start or you dont but if you dont you cant go around slating other Blues when they do it to a manager you personally like.

Most thought fat Sam was an absolute joke appointment with little fat Sammy Lee to boot, Rooney was at best a meh!

There is no balanced view on this, I'm as calm as most blues as far as Everton go I just usually shrug my shoulders and go 'Everton that' then I go get a pint and drink myself into a stupor.

This is beyond that, there is no balanced view about some divisive past it busted flush milking us for 3 years money b4 buggering off in a few months because this squad is doomed to fail b4 a ball is kicked.

The balanced view was I personally know others, like yourself, with differing opinions on it and I expect the reaction at Goodison to be that of how it was when the two mentioned above were presented on their return/first game.

If we can accept Sammy F’ing Lee screaming instructions on the touch line with the gravy guzzler then I expect the initial reaction at Goodison will be met with a subdued reluctant acceptance.

Status
Not open for further replies.