New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
1: The stadium is an asset which adds value to the company.

2: The branding of Ancelotti at the helm adds value to the business.

Its not hard to see through all this.

And we benefitted from both?

I dont get your point mate - so we would rather stay at GP and appoint someone like David Moyes just so the fans are happy?

Its just all a bit OTT - people loved Peter Reid they love Leighton Baines and they are both Reds.

The same blokes hating Benitez are probably the same who say "Go ed Carra lad!" Over Carragher and welcomed "Wayne" back with open arms after he joined a club who sing feed the scousers.

Well they do mate...

1. They could have built a cheaper easier stadium at Croxteth with no issues of UNESCO, getting complex fishing licences etc. but they listened to YOU how you wanted a top class stadium on the banks of the royal blue mersey at a higher cost.

2. They brought in Carlo Ancelotti who YOU wanted as the big name trophy manager.

Yes they have also made mistakes but they have never gone out with the intention of not trying to do well.

For anyone to turn their back on the club over this when a ball hasnt even been kicked yet and we dont know how well he's even going to do are in the wrong.

We're born not manufactured?
There's no wrong or right as to how people express their feelings about the club.

There's awful opinions, which you are well versed in, but there is no right or wrong way for people to feel about their support for the club.

I love Everton more than I hate the reds - i've got too many reds in my family and friends and the banter will be bad. But in Moshiri's crazy scattergun style approach to ownership and spending, eventually something is going to stick, something has to work.

Benitez will have to work twice as hard to succeed at Everton than he did at his other jobs post-Liverpool, because of the history, and the fact that he has so many local connections, and to avoid accusations that he is not doing enough for us. He's professional, he's got enough money, he will also know that it's bad if he is accused of not trying or here just for a payday. So today on balance, despite everything that our owner is doing to us, I think I can be bigger than that, and support Rafael and the squad because that's what I do. Even when Allardyce was here - which was worse than this - and the end of Koeman was worse too - I still wanted us to win, even if it meant Allardyce would show off and talk crap in the press.

I love our club more than I can hate Rafael, and because as a blue I'm built to hope until I die, I can get optimistic about this!

that’s great mate I’m glad you’re optimistic and I’m not walking away but I feel shattered by this it’s horrible . I feel like I’m waiting for the hammer to fall not the appointment but what I feel will be the inevitable backlash , I hope he succeeds I hope he ends up uniting a fanbase but I’m reality it’s feels like the opposite is almost certain to happen .

Ive acknowledged that but people were annoyed over Rooney’s return (the man who was goading Evertonians and kissing his Man Utd badge in front of our fans on the day we were mourning the loss of Alan Ball) and the gravy guzzler getting the job and initially they were welcomed at Goodison with a subdued reaction to what many thought would happen.

Just trying to give a balanced view on things as opposed to those thinking it will be carnage from the off which I don’t believe it will.
Most thought fat Sam was an absolute joke appointment with little fat Sammy Lee to boot, Rooney was at best a meh!

There is no balanced view on this, I'm as calm as most blues as far as Everton go I just usually shrug my shoulders and go 'Everton that' then I go get a pint and drink myself into a stupor.

This is beyond that, there is no balanced view about some divisive past it busted flush milking us for 3 years money b4 buggering off in a few months because this squad is doomed to fail b4 a ball is kicked.

that’s great mate I’m glad you’re optimistic and I’m not walking away but I feel shattered by this it’s horrible . I feel like I’m waiting for the hammer to fall not the appointment but what I feel will be the inevitable backlash , I hope he succeeds I hope he ends up uniting a fanbase but I’m reality it’s feels like the opposite is almost certain to happen .

I am lurching between extremes of emotion and write them all on here. I'm sure by tonight I'll feel like crawling into a hole. Sorry.

It actually makes Spurs & Palace potential appointments look attractive :(

Id have taken Nuno over Benitez tbf.

I was convinced we were going to appoint him. I do wonder if our sentimentality with former players roles at the club is getting in the way of our progression. It shouldn’t be you can have the job if you keep Unsy & Dunc as part of the set up.

There's no wrong or right as to how people express their feelings about the club.

There's awful opinions, which you are well versed in, but there is no right or wrong way for people to feel about their support for the club.

Funny how people didnt say that when GwladysBlue was being hounded out over Ancelotti as being a "cryarse"

Whats the difference mate?

“We now go live to the Everton manager to get his thoughts on the defeat”:

52593751-F903-4C12-B095-DC831539B363.jpeg

I think there will be some booing from pickets of the crowd before the game but not anything like what you would expect by reading this site but reaction on GOT has never been a good indicator of what happens at the ground.
Correct, it's incredibly easy to be outraged online. (myself included - Southgate apparently snubbing DCL handshake after the win yesterday)
A loss at home to Southampton would certainly give rise to much more loud and sustained booing
A loss v Southampton would have booing if HK Mk1 had been resuscitated by some Usmanov funded scientists.
a win and the majority will go home satisfied
Exactly, we're generally simple creatures.

Status
Not open for further replies.