New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

I just can't understand why fans would turn they're back on Everton because they don't like the decision the board have made. Everton are bigger then any manager or player or even owner. The only loyal one is us fans, it's not the players who's name we have on our backs, a good offer and they would be off too.

I didn't want Rooney back, I personally thought what he did to provoke us was far worse then the small Club line from Benitez. But some fans will justify Rooney' s behaviour due to him getting abuse from fans, well surely Benitez got the same abuse.

I'll never forget the Wimbledon game in 94, when we went 2-0 down a fan said that's it I won't be going again to watch us in the Championship, I was more gobsmacked at the comment then the current score line.

I know people are upset, but are you really going to manage without Everton in you're life? I couldn't even if the board make decisions I don't like. No one will ever stop me loving Everton

I don’t see a 61 year old bloke whose been managing in a certain way for nearly 30 years suddenly changing his style .

This is my concern with this appointment. I’m not sure his tactics are what we as a club need or as a fan base want to see. He’s another defensive first manager.

Unless he’s allowed to drastically improve the team through recruitment over the next few weeks and I mean adding lots of pace and players who want to carry the ball forward then I don’t see much progression.

I love Everton more than I hate the reds - i've got too many reds in my family and friends and the banter will be bad. But in Moshiri's crazy scattergun style approach to ownership and spending, eventually something is going to stick, something has to work.

Benitez will have to work twice as hard to succeed at Everton than he did at his other jobs post-Liverpool, because of the history, and the fact that he has so many local connections, and to avoid accusations that he is not doing enough for us. He's professional, he's got enough money, he will also know that it's bad if he is accused of not trying or here just for a payday. So today on balance, despite everything that our owner is doing to us, I think I can be bigger than that, and support Rafael and the squad because that's what I do. Even when Allardyce was here - which was worse than this - and the end of Koeman was worse too - I still wanted us to win, even if it meant Allardyce would show off and talk crap in the press.

I love our club more than I can hate Rafael, and because as a blue I'm built to hope until I die, I can get optimistic about this!

I love Everton more than I hate the reds - i've got too many reds in my family and friends and the banter will be bad. But in Moshiri's crazy scattergun style approach to ownership and spending, eventually something is going to stick, something has to work.

Benitez will have to work twice as hard to succeed at Everton than he did at his other jobs post-Liverpool, because of the history, and the fact that he has so many local connections, and to avoid accusations that he is not doing enough for us. He's professional, he's got enough money, he will also know that it's bad if he is accused of not trying or here just for a payday. So today on balance, despite everything that our owner is doing to us, I think I can be bigger than that, and support Rafael and the squad because that's what I do. Even when Allardyce was here - which was worse than this - and the end of Koeman was worse too - I still wanted us to win, even if it meant Allardyce would show off and talk crap in the press.

I love our club more than I can hate Rafael, and because as a blue I'm built to hope until I die, I can get optimistic about this!

This is really grating on me.

Status
Not open for further replies.