New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
….I’d be very surprised if the first questions aren’t along the lines of:

’Why are you joining a club you once publicly belittled by calling them ‘small’?

’Why are you joining a club when a large majority of their fan base has made it perfectly clear they will not accept you as manager’.

’Will Duncan Ferguson be your Assistant Manager?’

I mean you hoe they have thought of a convincing answer for the small club question, that goes far beyond the twaddle he gave out recently that was completely unconvincing. He/they have had a lot of time to think about it.

The problem with that, is every time he sets up defensively away from home, and doesn't get a result, the "small club" jibe will be thrown back at him.

the leak about Moyes being a no.1 choice probably a false flag as well, thrown out there by Moshiri's people to make it sound as if BK's views were being taken seriously in this whole pantomime appointment.
I don’t think Moyes was ever really a serious candidate. The reports all seemed to suggest we wouldn’t approach him without West Ham’s blessing and he seems happy there.

Of course just because Moyes is a non-starter it doesn’t mean we should have gone and appointed Benitez lol

indeed fella, I just don't get the dismissive attitude of some to that fact.

yeah we all get a a bit keyboard warrior sometimes and at Goodison I'm sure the mood after months of not being able to attend will be happy for a time, just to be back will be great but in general this will not be received well and you are spot on with that assertion, it is very reflective of society.

Just feeling numb today!

should have been a good day too after finally getting a win over the Germans!! LOL
I'm not English and had Sweden in my works sweep.

Yesterday was not a good day of football for me!

The reaction you are claiming comes from a minority of Everton Football Club supporters because it is based on the reaction of a number of keyboard warriors not the unconfirmed views of regular match goers.
I think you are genuinely underestimating how many people on this forum are match going supporters. The popular opinion on here tends to be the popular opinion of the fanbase. If i was to take a stab in the dark i'd say 15% for 25% unsure and 60% furious

Indeed, be interesting to hear what he has to say to the inevitable questions about them……if he speaks highly about them he’s done before he even begins.
wouldn’t expect him to slate them, that simply isn’t going to happen, but anything other than ‘that’s the past’ or ‘I’m not here to talk about them’ and he’s seriously asking for trouble

TBH mate, I think he needs to address them properly. Something along the lines of "I was frustrated, I don't like to not win and you saw that coming out. I don't doubt you'll see that side of me again if we have games where we don't get the results we should. In any case, if I really thought Everton were a small club, do you think I would be here now?"

Or words to that effect

He can't just bury it - address it and change the narrative. By refusing to address it, it does nothing to win hearts and minds, which is going to be an absolute monster of a job anyway.

EDIT - I was talking about the small club thing here, I have just realised you were talking about the general association with them which I think is an easier thing to get past, he just says it was over a decade ago and while he has fond memories of some of his time there, he's a professional and the most important club to him is the one he's employed by etc etc

I don’t think Moyes was ever really a serious candidate. The reports all seemed to suggest we wouldn’t approach him without West Ham’s blessing and he seems happy there.

Of course just because Moyes is a non-starter it doesn’t mean we should have gone and appointed Benitez lol
Moyes would have been mad to come back here.

….I’d be very surprised if the first questions aren’t along the lines of:

’Why are you joining a club you once publicly belittled by calling them ‘small’?

’Why are you joining a club when a large majority of their fan base has made it perfectly clear they will not accept you as manager’.

’Will Duncan Ferguson be your Assistant Manager?’

Lets have it right, he wasnt wrong with his "Small Club" jib was he? We're a nothing Club lads - we've achieved nothing in the last 26yrs but a single FA Cup. A few European Trips, couple of Semi Finals and a Final - thats certainly not a "Big Club". The sooner we accept it the better.

If anything, and this could be a positive - the fact he's joining a Club in which 99.9% of the fanbase dont want him will surely make him more motivated to give a crap about his job and want to succeed here to prove everyone wrong? Carlo walked in on a red carpet and was worshipped from day one and knew every day for 18 months that he could do no wrong.

If he bins Ferguson off then im behind him 100%.

Does he apologise for the small club comment or does he try to spin it? Or both?

Get your bets in
He will deflect and talk about the city (that he doesn't live in) all the way through it.

I actually feel somewhat sorry for him. What on earth can he say that wont sound phony or forced?

The press may throw him some softballs, that wouldn't surprise me.

Lets have it right, he wasnt wrong with his "Small Club" jib was he? We're a nothing Club lads - we've achieved nothing in the last 26yrs but a single FA Cup. A few European Trips, couple of Semi Finals and a Final - thats certainly not a "Big Club". The sooner we accept it the better.

If anything, and this could be a positive - the fact he's joining a Club in which 99.9% of the fanbase dont want him will surely make him more motivated to give a crap about his job and want to succeed here to prove everyone wrong? Carlo walked in on a red carpet and was worshipped from day one and knew every day for 18 months that he could do no wrong.

If he bins Ferguson off then im behind him 100%.

Judging any club by its "size" is knobhead behavior anyway for me. Proper horrible elitist stuff.

I would like to think that every manager on earth wants to succeed.

GOT is fairly reflective of matchgoing supporters in my experience. Just look at the reaction toward Allardyce. Twitter is usually not reflective of real life though.

Calling people you disagree with "keyboard warriors" is hardly a good way to debate either.

The fact is that this is one of the most divisive decisions the board could have taken, so if it goes wrong, they will have to take full responsibility and resign. They know what they are letting themselves in for, so will have to accept the results on the field that come from it.

GOT is fairly reflective of matchgoing supporters in my experience. Just look at the reaction toward Allardyce. Twitter is usually not reflective of real life though.

Calling people you disagree with "keyboard warriors" is hardly a good way to debate either.

The fact is that this is one of the most divisive decisions the board could have taken, so if it goes wrong, they will have to take full responsibility and resign. They know what they are letting themselves in for, so will have to accept the results on the field that come from it.
Not sure I agree that GOT is as reflective of match going supporters as you suggest..."keyboard warriors" might as you say might not be the best description but my concern is that many of the viewpoints are so vitriolic without having given the person the chance to show whether or not he can do a decent job for our football club...I wonder how many of the "keyboard warriors," (,sorry) who lauded the appointment of the previous manager are now having second thoughts .

He will deflect and talk about the city (that he doesn't live in) all the way through it.

I actually feel somewhat sorry for him. What on earth can he say that wont sound phony or forced?

The press may throw him some softballs, that wouldn't surprise me.

All he has to say is "I was frustrated because we couldn't beat Everton at home due to how defensively sound they were and I made a snide comment due to my frustration. Obviously it was wrong to do that and I apologise. Ultimately, if I thought Everton were a small club then I wouldn't be managing them. I want to move on from that and show the Evertonians how dedicated I am to this job and how much I respect this great club"

Surely even he can make that sound genuine?

Status
Not open for further replies.