New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure I get to 7 or 8 quality players. Maybe 6 if we're being generous but some of those come with serious questions about their ability to stay healthy which is something to factor in. At any rate he had a Napoli team with Higuain, Mertens, Insigne, Koulibaly, Hamsik, Jorginho, Callejon and others and had their worst season until Carlo Fraudtastico came in and crapped all over it to a larger extent. So that's not actually making me feel too good.

I have a hard time as seeing Benitez as a "serial winner" and even if that was true we just got done having an even better version of that being a complete failure who quit when it got tough. So sorry but I'm not filled with much optimism here.
Pickford,Godfrey,Digne,Allan,Doucoure,Richarlison,DCL and James.

I haven’t spoken to a single Evertonian who is enthusiastic about this appointment,
Mostly there is grudging acceptance coupled with the belief that it is a continuation of the usual Everton shambles,
None are optimistic about our future in the long or short term.
I think that has a lot to do with previous comments by him and obviously his Liverpool connection.
Last season there was universal joy at the appointment of CA.

The appointment of Benitez is not that different if you strip away the above issues.

1625034880840.png

I think that has a lot to do with previous comments by him and obviously his Liverpool connection.
Last season there was universal joy at the appointment of CA.

The appointment of Benitez is not that different if you strip away the above issues.
It is different, stripping away the above issues.

I'm not sure I get to 7 or 8 quality players. Maybe 6 if we're being generous but some of those come with serious questions about their ability to stay healthy which is something to factor in. At any rate he had a Napoli team with Higuain, Mertens, Insigne, Koulibaly, Hamsik, Jorginho, Callejon and others and had their worst season until Carlo Fraudtastico came in and crapped all over it to a larger extent. So that's not actually making me feel too good.

I have a hard time as seeing Benitez as a "serial winner" and even if that was true we just got done having an even better version of that being a complete failure who quit when it got tough. So sorry but I'm not filled with much optimism here.
There are very very few managers who have won as much as Benitez in his career.
If this appointment were ten years ago it would have been a major coup...ignoring the Liverpool connection.

The question is can he repeat anything close to that or is he a spent force.

10AM ammouncement as everyone is still in dreamland over the England win or we drag it out till tonight so everyone is past caring. BOOOOOOOOOOO

We were not getting anyone with Ancelotti's CV even if they were available.

It's plain Moshiri did not want a gamble either. He had his fingers burnt with Silva.

Benitez is a bit like a compromise between those extremes, with a little more on top. The upper-middle level as I see it.

The concerns are his time without success and of course his history. But I guess if there were no concerns we should just appoint a robot.

It's not good to start a job with that act of intimidation near your home. I'm sure he isn't affected by that but he is a man with a family and you can't completely dismiss it either.

So, with concerns and reservations, I'll still welcome him in the job in the spirit of all that is great about our club.

Time to get on with planning for the season, and to get some degree of unity at least. It's our club, Benitez will be but a controversial chapter but we have to hope he makes a success of it. For the clubs sake.

I have not met a single fan that wants this appointment, many are pragmatic like me, if he's going to do the job, our role is to support.

I'll be amazed if this works, but I'll also be delighted if we win something. My heart says no, my brain says maybe.
Our role is to support, but if its something you don't want, how will the board know if you just go and mindlessly clap along to everything they do. Maybe, by booing, not attending etc, you are supporting the club as well, because you are telling them they have made a bad decision.

There are very very few managers who have won as much as Benitez in his career.
If this appointment were ten years ago it would have been a major coup...ignoring the Liverpool connection.

The question is can he repeat anything close to that or is he a spent force.
Yeah exactly, I think everyone would’ve been positive if we’d got Brendan Rodgers even though he’s a kopite and a weirdo because he’s a very good manager who is relevant in 2021.
Benitez is yesterday’s news.
Doesn’t mean he can’t making a comeback and have one last big success but I just don’t see it as likely.
I’ll always support the players on the pitch during the match, but it’s hard to be excited like I was until Ancelotti left.

Status
Not open for further replies.