New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't go mate.

I still want Everton to win , of course , but the prospect of seeing Bentiez in the dugout turns my stomach.

Yes , we had Sammy Lee in an Everton tracksuit and that was horrific but at least he wasn't in charge.
That's fair enough.

I genuinely feel bad for supporters who will be unable to stomach the prospect of him.

But it's definitely favourable to hostility/booing.

I don't think Benitez has ever been a "serial winner " but being generous his halycon days were a decade ago.

We've seen with real serial winners - Mourinho and Ancelotti spring to mind - that it is nigh on impossible to replicate sucess year on year .

Can't think of too many managers whose golden period lasted more than 15 years.
It'll be interesting to see how Pep gets on in the coming years. A lot of managers challenging him have tactics that work pretty well against what he tries to do. Tuchel, Klopp and even to some extent Ole have given him fits. They'll still win leagues because of the complete dominance in talent versus the rest though so I guess maybe not that interesting.

But yeah, if your justification for hiring a manager goes back past like 2013 you're doing it wrong.

That's fair enough.

I genuinely feel bad for supporters who will be unable to stomach the prospect of him.

But it's definitely favourable to hostility/booing.
I can forsee the club being torn apart at a toxic Goodison ( not in the 1st game obviously ....unless we are 3 nil down at half time !).

That would break my heart even more than this absurd appointment and I don't want to there to see it.

All on Moshiri this I'm afraid.

As blues we are known for our restraint and our patience. The fans will no doubt get behind the guy if he becomes a blue. Unless something terrible happens and we end up fighting relegation he will be supported like any other Everton manager.
I will certainly get behind the guy. He’s explained away that daft “small club” remark as a dig at our negative, defensive style of play under Moyes and not a dig at our great history or fan-base.

Abusing and/or booing the new manager of Everton Football Club would be divisive, counterproductive and stupid. Only a united club can be successful. It’s kopite behaviour and should not be tolerated.

plenty of reds have crossed Stanley Park and done great things for us. My favourite Everton player in the 1990s was Dave Watson.

Abusing the new manager of Everton Football Club would be divisive, counterproductive and stupid. Only a united club can be successful.
Chelsea hired this guy, he was abused his entire tenure, and he still won things. He's gonna need to do more than simply be Everton manager to win me over. The list of people who've managed Everton who I dislike is longer than the list of people who I like.

Contributors to this forum are a minority of the people who support Everton football club so wangle it round however you want but the dissenters are very much in the minority
I haven’t spoken to a single Evertonian who is enthusiastic about this appointment,
Mostly there is grudging acceptance coupled with the belief that it is a continuation of the usual Everton shambles,
None are optimistic about our future in the long or short term.

If he bins Ferguson, Unsworth, Ebbrell, Baines and Jevons I'll carry that Rafatollah painting around for a day.
You may well get your wish.

He went through Melwood like weed killer. Binned off a lot of staff who had been doing good work. Got rid of the players liason guy (one of the first in UK) and gave him 1 hr to clear his desk after years of service.

One week after the cull he fired the HR lady who had dished out all the bad news on his behalf.

He can be ruthless.

Who knows, it could actually be beneficial in the longer term for FC Cosy of Walton.

I can forsee the club being torn apart at a toxic Goodison ( not in the 1st game obviously ....unless we are 3 nil down at half time !).

That would break my heart even more than this absurd appointment and I don't want to there to see it.

All on Moshiri this I'm afraid.

Agreed. I fear the atmosphere will be horrible. Blues turning on blues. All down to Moshiri.

I’m not going to games to boo, but I won’t be told by happy clappers to “get behind him” either. I’ll quietly disappear. Plenty of other stuff to do.

As I’ve said in here before I’m personally alright with the Rafael appointment. I even have a sneaky feeling he’ll bring a peak Moyes level of upper-mid table comfort and a cup run or two.

I’m surprised, though, that the board went ahead with it giving the level of opposition from a larger chunk of the fans (using this forum as a reference) than I’d have expected. THAT is what is worrying. Proper shades of Mike Ashley. Our transition to joke club is almost complete.

Status
Not open for further replies.