New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Truth is Rafael was not the prettiest girl at the nightclub, just the prettiest one left who was prepared to dance with us

Sometimes you bite the bullet and refuse that last dance and jump in a taxi before you do something you might regret like bag a rotter.

Looks like Everton thought "sod it", had 2 double brandys and went straight in with the "fancy coming back to my house"

Really strange that all the reports say there’s been a ‘mixed reaction’ to the appointment. As if an overwhelmingly negative response complete with banners, graffiti, and threats, some people who don’t like it but will just get on with it, and about 3 people being happy, would normally be described as ‘mixed’.

You may well get your wish.

He went through Melwood like weed killer. Binned off a lot of staff who had been doing good work. Got rid of the players liason guy (one of the first in UK) and gave him 1 hr to clear his desk after years of service.

One week after the cull he fired the HR lady who had dished out all the bad news on his behalf.

He can be ruthless.

Who knows, it could actually be beneficial in the longer term for FC Cosy of Walton.

It’s been clear for years that the club badly needs a thorough clear out, but if we need benitez to do it the first to go should be Kenwright & Brands.

We were not getting anyone with Ancelotti's CV even if they were available.

It's plain Moshiri did not want a gamble either. He had his fingers burnt with Silva.

Benitez is a bit like a compromise between those extremes, with a little more on top. The upper-middle level as I see it.

The concerns are his time without success and of course his history. But I guess if there were no concerns we should just appoint a robot.

It's not good to start a job with that act of intimidation near your home. I'm sure he isn't affected by that but he is a man with a family and you can't completely dismiss it either.

So, with concerns and reservations, I'll still welcome him in the job in the spirit of all that is great about our club.

Time to get on with planning for the season, and to get some degree of unity at least. It's our club, Benitez will be but a controversial chapter but we have to hope he makes a success of it. For the clubs sake.
Moshiri, not wanting to gamble, makes the most controversial appointment in our history. No hot taking a gamble that is it? We’d have probably been better off with the robot you mention.

Feel exactly the same, gave up my season ticket this year after 30 years even before Carlo left. With the whole covid no fans thing it made me realise how little football had started to mean to me.
A couple of weeks ago I would have totally agreed with that.

But , watching some of the great games ( Monday was the best football I've seen in years and years ) with crowds in stadiums with proper drama and jeopardy made me realise how much I've missed it.

The only worry is how many more infections we will see on the back of it - but thats a 60 year old talking.

So , having decided to give it a miss whilst Benitez ia manager , I do so with sadness and a very heavy heart.

Southport FC might get my money next season.

Sometimes you bite the bullet and refuse that last dance and jump in a taxi before you do something you might regret like bag a rotter.

Looks like Everton thought "sod it", had 2 double brandys and went straight in with the "fancy coming back to my house"
You can only hope there were condoms and penicillin tablets aplenty, or Everton is going to end up with the pox!

I'm past the point of caring tbh, if it's Rafael, which is increasingly looking likely

Then let's just roll with it and see what happens, what's the point in being toxic? Wheres that gonna get us..

At least he knows the city

This is the day,
This is the day,
That the board have made,
That the board have made,
We will rejoice,
we will rejoice
and be glad in it

Oh ffs

Truth is Rafael was not the prettiest girl at the nightclub, just the prettiest one left who was prepared to dance with us

Lets not start this. He did this at Newcastle. Every interview the smug i'm the best you'll get.
There is a big footballing world out there.
I cant be having this we should be beholden to him. Im holding back the vomit as it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.