New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The issue is we don't know the logic. Everyone is guessing.

My guess would be that we have contacted numerous managers and some don't want the job and others have not come across well for various reasons. We then land at Benitez who's next on our list.
What do we do then? Overlook him and go for worse managers or appoint the best possible available?
The divisive nature of the proposed appointment is such that in my opinion he should never he have been considered.

I accept that ( perhaps apart from Galtier ) there wasn't a candidate who was more or less universally accepted but none of them would have drawn the level of vitriol and unrest that Benitez has.

That is what I meant in talking about the logic of the decision.

When you factor in his tactics , recent level of achievement and ability to fall out with every club that he has been at the decision becomes unfathomable , but c'est la vie.

To be honest mate, as one of the posters on here I think is logical, your remarks about Benitez have been really poor.

Really let yourself down.

For saying he should lose some weight for the job?

I take it you weren't one of the blues singing "Fat Spanish Waiter" at derbies then, which the main Everton account even referenced for a laugh about 10 years ago?

Or is suggesting someone might need to lose some weight to be ready to do his job worse?

I'd love to here some clarity on what is or isn't fat shaming?

Or what is or isn't acceptable, as I've seen players take all sorts of stick, far worse than what I said to Benitez, but it's never even highlighted. People accused of being cowards. Of being lazy. Or being mentally weak. And that's at the polite end.

But to suggest someone is in decent shape and looks smart is beyond the pale? I don't understand at all, but we all have our opinions I suppose.

Errr Benitez 61 and as far as I know will not be turning out for any football team, anywhere. Footballers are professional athletes. How many managers would you consider fit (get it) to lecture a player on his fitness. ?
I'm the same age as Benitez and have the same waist size as I had when I was 25.
It's not hard to maintain a reasonable level of fitness , especially if you are in the industry.

Stick Rafael on the wing. box to box whip the crosses in, yeah he will need to lose weight.
Stick him on the touchline trying to motivate and get wins for the club. who cares how big he is? his job isn't to be an Athlete, it's to man manage, game manage and whatever else they do

I can't understand the mentality to either justify this stuff or play it down like it's kind of not as threatening.
People take this stuff differently. One person who thinks it may be harmless or isn't bothered, another person can literally live in fear based on "what if"

Football is an utter joke sometimes. Multi multi millionaires shovelling up the fans hard earned cash while not really giving a Shi* about the club or the fans yet we all lap it up and fall head over heels when the look down the lens and say "Up the toffees!", yet people send death threats and all sorts because some player from parts unknown who had never heard of Everton before wants to leave. like, really? who give a crap in the grand scheme of things.

Managers who want to manage while being insulted and threatened. A man that is guilty of calling Everton a small club....we are a small club. we are a joke at times. I'll rephrase that....we are ALL made to look like a joke because of the minority of idiots

Our "Peoples club" way of being is basically, 95% of fans are great people who support the team and can be proud of what the club is capable of. we want the whole world to look at our club as an example of what clubs should be doing for communities far and wide. then there are the others who are just utter classless shi*ehawks who have nothing better to do that travel around in the dead of the night hanging linen on walls totally undoing all that work.

I cringe sometimes about football. all football and fans when they just destroy any good work by these stupid acts of immature idiocy.....and those who defend it in any way.

but hey, i'm sure many die hard bloooos would totally disagree with that. just my opinion.
It is a societal problem not a footballing one.

Football clubs exist within society. I will not be made to look like a joke for something another fan did the same way I would not be be a criminal if someone in my street broke the law.

We pigeonhole people far too easily these days. I guess that is what "the man" wants though.

I'm not comfortable or blase about anything mate. They shouldn't have done it, be they blue or red. It's also possible for it to be cringey, stupid and borderline criminal.

Neither should people be singing about wanting people to die which happened. Or bullets being sent in the post to Barmby, which happened.
I agree with the last part, but I'm not sure what the relevance is.

See a lot of that online these days.

"This bad thing that happened is bad and should be condemned"

"Yeah, but these bad (and often unrelated) things also happened!"

So.....?

Jesus, I've even seen "yeah well, people being racist in the 80's was worse"... as if that's even remotely relevant

For anyone who downplays it..

How would you feel if it was you?

Carlo got broken into and everyone decries it.
Benitez gets threatened and half aren't bothered.
Pretty much every post I've seen has condemned the banner. Doesn't mean they then want him in charge. And because they don't want him I charge doesn't mean they support the banner.

It's fat shaming, how he looks isn't the issue it's what he represents as a manager and his tactics.

As I've just said above, and I'll try not to repeat, was singing Fat Spanish Waiter at him not fat shaming?

I didn't refer to him as a Fat Spanish waiter (and deliberately so) as I don't think it's particularly funny or appropriate. But I did state it's my opinion that he should be in shape and look smart when representing our club.

If people have a problem with that, fair enough, but there's a lot worse that goes on and just gets ignored. How many referred to Sam Allardyce as gravy tits? Did anyone challenge any of them with fat shaming?

If we are going to do it, lets do it consistently I suppose.

I don't care how people look, but in sporting industry, you are going to have your weight measured and if your body fat goes too high you are going to be told to get it down. Listen to what great teams did. Like United under Ferguson, that stuff was monitored, and if a player's body fat was too high, the players let them know about it. It's about standards.

That didn't come across very well. But in a 280 character tweet it's difficult to get all that across.

Status
Not open for further replies.