New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Threats at someone's home are an altogether different thing than what we saw at Goodison. Absolutely pathetic behaviour.
Apologies if this has already been said, I haven’t read the last 25 pages. But I wouldn’t put it past the RS fans to have put that banner up. Blue paint, easy to pass the blame onto us and give us a bad name

Do you not think the club haven’t tried to get a better manager in? Do we believe what the media say about their only being 8 options? Albeit those 8 options were on the available now list?

We don’t know the club has reached out to other names via agents and been met with decline.

We’ve got two multi billionaires bankrolling the club, we’ve just had Carlo Ancelotti as manager and fortunately we only got him because he was available and we didn’t have to fork out any compensation for him. I’m sure their initial targets would have been to aim high again.

Truth is the club at the moment and the current squad is in a bad state, we fluctuate from manager to manager every 18 months. Unless a manager is guaranteed a massive warchest every summer on the Man City scales and we can guarantee Champions League competitiveness every season then what top manager is going to drop their current successes for this mad house?
I’m sure the club have spoken to other people I however refuse to believe that Benitez is the best option available in a world of football managers be that on a divisive versus ability scale or frankly simply in terms of ability , if you do Mate then we disagree .

I've looked at numerous leagues, looking for managers of a decent level who are remotely realistic targets.

I've came up with Conte, Conceicao, Galtier, Mancini.

Apart from those four, Benitez is right up there as a candidate, and to be honest he's arguably ahead of Conceicao.

People really don't understand the position we're in here. There's no replica of Ancelotti who's going to join us. It's not about ambition, it's about reality. So we have a choice - a punt on a nobody, or a 'name' to see if they can handle the job.

They've went for the latter. I can't blame them, really can't. If people can hand on heart tell me two things, go for it - first, what has Benitez done to deserve mortal hatred of him apart from manage Liverpool successfully, and two, who should get the job on merit instead?

If you can answer those, criticism of the Benitez appointment is fine. If you can't and you're crying because Benitez managed Liverpool and called us a small club, I can't take you seriously.

I wanted the young up and coming manager like Frank, Potter, Nuno, Lampard or someone from Germany, France etc (that's Brands job to know the global football scene - not mine!).

My concerns with Benitez are whether he still has that competitive hunger after going to China?

Is he now well past his best as a manager and has the game moved on? His performance at Newcastle was extremely mediocre and I'd argue Bruce has improved that side.

Is he a long term option? Our next manager really needed to be along term option who stays for 4 or 5 years. We are a total shambles at the minute and can't retain a manager for more than 18 months.

Can any manager really succeed when they are so universally unpopular? I genuinely don't see how he can be successful in this environment.

These are my main concerns. I think they are valid concerns and shared by a lot of people. It's really not anything to do with the small club stuff, although that maybe indirectly relates to why this environment exists.

I'm still stunned that just to spite a lunatic sign-writer (hint: they've written it on a bedsheet), people want their club to appoint a washed up Kopite who has destablised every club he's ever been at.

Like demolishing the building because you think the curtains need changing.

He will get my support as every Everton manager does.
I didn't think Marco Silva was a good appointment but as soon as he was confirmed as Everton manager he got my support.
Benitez is the same, not my choice as manager and a brave but emotive decision by the owners which can only go one of two ways, a big success or a massive failure.
I keep seeing this but i'm not sure why. I'd say there's a 60% chance of this being a massive failure (increased chance because of the sheer scale of opposition to it), a 39% chance of it being a completely unremarkable tenure in which we continue to finish somewhere between 7th and 11th for however long he's here, and a 1% chance of it being a big success. There is absolutely nothing in either our, or his, recent record to suggest that this will end up returning great results.

Apologies if this has already been said, I haven’t read the last 25 pages. But I wouldn’t put it past the RS fans to have put that banner up. Blue paint, easy to pass the blame onto us and give us a bad name

Obviously none of us know 100% for sure who did it, but I think it's more than likely an idiot within our own fans who did it. I don't think we can seriously try and blame others.

Can we please take the vitriol out of the debate. because someone has a different view does not mean we have to resort to nastiness.

Majority of Everton fans almost certainly don't want Benitez. Like always we are pragmatic supporters of Everton, so we'll all end up either giving him a chance or walking away. My bet is the former, maybe through gritted teeth, but we are fans first. I'm not sure even discussing it any further will take the discussion forward. Lines are drawn, people will not change each other's opinion.

If he's appointed, let's see what he does with the club we love, who knows, maybe he will become something different in the process too. He knows he has the biggest mountain to climb to even gain acknowledgement from many that he is our manager. There are others that would be worse, such as Fat Sam, Gerrard, Pardew, Hughes and so on.

If you had read my post properly you would have seen that it is not just Benitez that has done this, however, I have watched Benitez being a whinging, conceited, arrogant bell, who has a long history of disrespect to this club and is a legend across the park. His football, even in his heyday, which has long since past, was absolutely turgid.

He will be moaning about the board in no time flat about not enough support in the transfer market and he won't give a stuff if he's sacked because he will make millions off us.

I could go on but as I said I'm just not arsed with it all now.

I might be missing something, hence it was actually a genuine question, but when you say a "long history of disrespect to this club"... can you please elaborate?

Because as far as I know, he gave one interview post-game in 2007, when frustrated, where he correctly called us a small club in terms of mentality after we camped everyone behind the ball for 90 minutes to get a 0-0 draw?

"I'm really disappointed. One team wanted to win and one didn't want to lose but we tried to keep going forward and creating chances.

"When you play against eight players behind the ball, narrow and deep, you cannot create many clear chances.

"You just keep trying. You cannot say anything about this."

Is he wrong?

So apart from that, genuine question, what on earth has he done?

As for having a go at the board, if he does and it's valid, good! Better than a passive no-mark manager just happily picking up his pay. If his football is turgid, he'll be gone inside 6 months, so combined with the vitriol and the fact he's criticised us for being defensive in the past he has every incentive to play good winning football here if he possibly can.

I just don't get it, really don't.

That last banner is totally out of order. The ones by Goodison are fair game as they where ultimately just a few swear words and superficial insults. Threatening him and his family though? Total utter scum move. Little sewer rat responsible for it massively crossed the line here. Hope the catch the vermin and he faces consequences for it. I don't want Benitez here either but there's a line you don't ever cross and whoever is responsible for that trainwreck is way beyond it.
That area has a lot of CCTV cameras around, be good if Everton can pick up a number plate or something and dish out a life time ban

Status
Not open for further replies.