New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, I can see where the comparisons are coming from.

Similarities:
- From a foreign country,
- Packing some weight around the stomach,
- Said some nasty things,

Differences:
- Started a global war which resulted in the deaths of over fifty million people,
- Gassed and murdered Jews and all those he labelled Untermensch

Three to two, so it's a fair comparison of course? I have a sinking feeling that today is going to be a long, long day.
The season will be loooong too I suspect.

Imagine if he did alright? It will be mental.

Absolutely - there are laws in place to do so. But people who are saying that being anti-Benitez makes us "worse than Kopites" are treacherous backsliders.

Remember: for those on the Benitez teet - and there are many, there is plenty of room - the sole goal is getting him appointed as Everton boss.
Being anti Benitez doesn't.

Putting up thinly veiled threats of violence or death outside his house is horrific behaviour. We've gone on about "bullets in the post" about them for years - this is exactly the same.

Very fine line.

I can live with "Rafael out" no problem. But "f off you fat Spanish c" is the kind of stuff that is totally unnecessary and leads us to stuff like this.

That's fine, and I agree things should be toned down.

But you said people criticising Benitez had "legitimised" this. I have criticised him because I think he is a terrible choice for Everton manager, but I absolutely deplore any threats like this. It's truly pathetic behaviour and whoever did it should be totally embarassed and ashamed. But no one has legitimised this and the only person/people to blame is whoever did this.

Criticism of this decision is allowed as long as it is done sensibly. That obviously means absolutely no threats, no personal abuse and absolutely no damage of property.

Utterly shameful.

And don't start with all the "that's just one individual, they don't speak for the rest of us" nonsense. Everyone who's hurled personal abuse at Benitez, called him a fat this and a Spanish that, who applauded the abusive banners at goodison, who have threatened to do this that or the other if he gets the job.
Yous have legitimised this.

Evertonians massively condemned - rightly - Liverpool fans for launching missiles at opposing team buses and firing rockets at the liver building.
Well done everyone. This is worse. Millions of miles worse.

Absolutely pathetic.

I don't care whether it's Rafael or someone else. It's football. Not life and death.

Chuffing grow up you absolute bunch of spoilt children.
What absolute nonsense.

So anybody protesting about something supports / legitimises any violent act of a nutcase who also happen to share the same view.

It is unarguable that he is a far from palatable character who has sought to humiliate and belittle our club.

I will never support his appointment but equally I will never support any kind of violent protest or threat.

Erm - a death threat issued to him and his family gets him solidarity with any rational human being.

I will respect this man for coming here under this cloud and trying to do a job for us.

100% backing from me now.
So because of this, you now approve of his appointment?
Suppose you best apologise to Moshiri then for calling him clueless etc if he was right all along.

Erm - a death threat issued to him and his family gets him solidarity with any rational human being.

I will respect this man for coming here under this cloud and trying to do a job for us.

100% backing from me now.
I hadn't clocked that until after I posted.

Yeah, pretty low behavior. But should it take this to support a man trying to do a job? Arguably not.

Status
Not open for further replies.