Have you ever seen Everton lift a trophy?

Were u a living thing when we won a trophy?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember the 1906 cup win (or was it 1908?) The memory fades with age.
What stopped you watching the 1906 cup final, was you skint. My first fifteen years of watching the Blues saw them win nothing except The Liverpool Senior Cup a couple of times and promotion from the second division so they weren’t exactly laugh a minute days!! Seen them win everything they have won since but it has been a long wait since 1995. The times are going to change very soon, mark my words, I hope to feck they are for the better!!

Sad. What keeps me going is I can remember our FA Cup in 66 (Age 6) but not the World Cup in that year. 69/70 Dad was taking me to the game and of course everything after.
Was at Wembley for Saha goal but key players out, stifling hot in that crap shopping centre, sorry Stadium. I knew as soon as I was inside that the better footballers would win in those conditions. How we got away with a close scoreline I will never know.
Hate the 'Everton That' term but the best goal in the world ever was Bob Latchford's diving header equaliser in a League Cup semi against West Ham. They then won it. Everton that!
Don't remind me! My vendetta against the Lampard family continues till this day !!!

I was an infant when we won the league in 1970,but I was at the title winning games against QPR and Norwich so I'll always have those two days,especially the fantastic journey home from the latter! My big Everton regret is that I wasn't in Rotterdam. I'd just turned 16 and was still at school,to be honest I was made up to have a ticket for the cup final v Man.U so at the time I wasn't too bothered about missing it,but looking back now..... I suppose I thought that there would be more Rotterdam type occasions to look forward to as I got older(none of us knew that this great team were about to be banned from European football) ,I'd love to see us in a European final,even that new "conference"competition.

Very lucky. The eighties came in my early twenties so witnessed it all. Strangely enough the seventies post Harry wan not that bad, the football was generally good we always seemed capable of winning things, we just never did. I honestly define the Moyes era as we never looked like winning anything.

I was an infant when we won the league in 1970,but I was at the title winning games against QPR and Norwich so I'll always have those two days,especially the fantastic journey home from the latter! My big Everton regret is that I wasn't in Rotterdam. I'd just turned 16 and was still at school,to be honest I was made up to have a ticket for the cup final v Man.U so at the time I wasn't too bothered about missing it,but looking back now..... I suppose I thought that there would be more Rotterdam type occasions to look forward to as I got older(none of us knew that this great team were about to be banned from European football) ,I'd love to see us in a European final,even that new "conference"competition.
I know that this sounds mad but I was at the QPR game and it felt like an anti-climax. After suffering the RS winning so many titles and what seemed like such a long drought for us (nothing compared with now, of course) we had done it. However, it didn't feel like what I expected. Maybe because it was just dotting the i's and crossing the t's. We had the League stitched up early and that game just confirmed it. We won with 5 games to spare. We lost 3 of the last 5 including our last two games and still won by 13 points.
I enjoyed the 1984 Cup and the 1985 CWC wins more.

I know that this sounds mad but I was at the QPR game and it felt like an anti-climax. After suffering the RS winning so many titles and what seemed like such a long drought for us (nothing compared with now, of course) we had done it. However, it didn't feel like what I expected. Maybe because it was just dotting the i's and crossing the t's. We had the League stitched up early and that game just confirmed it. We won with 5 games to spare. We lost 3 of the last 5 including our last two games and still won by 13 points.
I enjoyed the 1984 Cup and the 1985 CWC wins more.
I think it's more the elation of the day rather than the game itself,Norwich in particular was a fantastic day out,a wonderful journey home on a coach full of elated Blues! For pure emotion,nothing will beat the Watford cup final for me so I'm with you on that one,it was the first trophy that Blues of my generation had seen us lift. I just hope that the younger Blues of today get to experience the same feeling as we did - whoever the manager might be.

Just too young to remember the 62/63 title but well aware of the 66 cup final so seen us win 3 league titles, 2 FA Cups, ECWC. Winning the title is so much more of an achievement than the FA Cup but the FA Cup is the most thrilling. Titles are based over time so you are expectant whereas the cup is a one off game which doesn't matter how you win as long as you win. Stays in the memory (for me) much longer. Got to say that losing semi finals hurt me more than actually losing finals.

Status
Not open for further replies.