Have you ever seen Everton lift a trophy?

Were u a living thing when we won a trophy?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honest question.

I was a 1994 baby so I don't count the 1995 cup win as something for me as I wasn't developed enough to be aware.

Who else's greatest Everton memory was Louis Saha's 20 second something opener at Wembley? The closest I've gotten.

Honest question.

I was a 1994 baby so I don't count the 1995 cup win as something for me as I wasn't developed enough to be aware.

Who else's greatest Everton memory was Louis Saha's 20 second something opener at Wembley? The closest I've gotten.
Same for me, less than a year old when we last won a pot.

I might not get to Goodison for every game but I was proud to be in Rotterdam, ironically I saw Rapid Vienna knocked out twice that year as I was at Parkhead when Celtic knocked them out of the Cup Winners cup earlier in the competition only to see them reinstated because of crowd trouble. No crowd trouble whatsoever in Rotterdam as about 25,000 Evertonians were impeccably behaved as we lifted our first and sadly only European trophy.

Honest question.

Sad. What keeps me going is I can remember our FA Cup in 66 (Age 6) but not the World Cup in that year. 69/70 Dad was taking me to the game and of course everything after.
Was at Wembley for Saha goal but key players out, stifling hot in that crap shopping centre, sorry Stadium. I knew as soon as I was inside that the better footballers would win in those conditions. How we got away with a close scoreline I will never know.
Hate the 'Everton That' term but the best goal in the world ever was Bob Latchford's diving header equaliser in a League Cup semi against West Ham. They then won it. Everton that!

Watched us at Goodison a lot in the 80s but was young with my Dad. Only trophy I recall actually seeing was the 87 league presentation - but we'd won it the week earlier at an away game.
Have sharper memories of going in the 90s with my mates when we were bad (actually not turbobad early 90s, just on the slide).

Yes

But I am an old git

My early years of playing in bands, going out clubbing, getting to know the ladies... was topped off by watching that glorious team destroy everything in its path in the mid 80s. A wonderful time, and I was in my late teens when it all started.

I love this club and always will. I would love to see us win something again before my perch gives way and I make the final fall..A League cup would do. But I would really love for those who have never experienced the glory see the team lift a trophy. It is a wonderful thing. Stuff the so called big clubs, for when we win there is nothing else like it.

In fact, I admire those who have never seen us win anything. Jeez, you lot put up with a lot as we have been gash for years. But what a fan base. The big 6 do not get loyalty like that. Stick with them, the glory will come again, and when it does...just wow!.

Everton make me go nuts. I hate them at times. they drive me to despair. But when you love them, you love them.

I also support IFK Göteborg as my mum was from Sweden. Funny enough, IFK are as bad as Everton, but hey...we Lurve them

We are a club. Yes winning a trophy would be wonderful. However, unlike some , RS, Big 6, we do not have to depend on it. The sound of Z Cars and we all go nuts, young and old together. You cannot buy that. We love our team no matter what, not many teams can claim that.

Jeez I can waffle on

PS .. and we have the delightful Amanda Holden as one of our own. What's not to like.

COYB

Status
Not open for further replies.