New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is something that’s annoying me at the moment on all platforms.

Both the pro and anti Benitez folk seem to think that they’re all sooper blooz.

I’m starting to think I’m the only pragmatic one out of the lot of us.

If we swerve him then fine, if he comes we can’t change it so let’s see what happens. My main concern is that while managerless, we’ll not strengthen as much as we need to. Perhaps the best thing, if it’s happening, would be to employ him on something like a one or two year, interim fixed plan? Who knows?

Anyway…..

I am an Evertonian since as long as I can remember, my earliest memory being my brother (a red Manc) taking me to see Blues playing what was then an annual friendly against Shamrock Rovers at Milltown - c 1969.

I have cried when Alan Ball, my hero, was sold. I have squirmed at the dire 70s, the cheating of the 77 FAC SF, the flukey Lampard winner in 1980 SF, the cushion showers of the early 80s, the graffiti Kendall out, rejoiced from January 1984 until 1987 at the performances, seethed with anger at missing out on Europe because of that lot, thrilled with 1995, and since then I have aged like the rest of us by 26 years without seeing a single trophy.

When I heard about Benitez, I cringed. As the weeks have dragged on, and there seems to be no one else coming out of the woodwork, I am reluctantly becoming resigned to the likely reality.

If it is him, I don't envy his task in not just getting the team playing well, signing excellent committed players who are not like some of the current jelly babies, but above all in persuading the supporters that he is really committed to this magnificent, historic Football League founder-member Club. Maybe when he gets to understand our rich heritage and history, he might even retract what he said in the past.

I don't give a toss what the RS think or say, although there is some degree of schadenfreude in knowing how they are sickened.

TBH, I just want this ended quickly, I want to move on.

Not many saying it, but Ancelotti's abandonment of the Club and fans after all his sweet talk a couple of months ago sickened me much more than Benitez's childish "small club" rant. That stupid remark did not hurt Everton FC. Ancelotti's greedy action has seriously damaged us.

Anyway, This 56 year old has a graduation ceremony (online) to look forward to later today. Last degree was 1989, but I thoroughly enjoyed the past 4 years - great distraction from turmoil on the pitch and at work!!

Keep the Faith Blues!

I still remain hopeful that this ridiculous appointment will not happen.
I feel these latest updates have emanated from FSW’s camp rather than from Everton’s. They say nothing that hasn’t already been said and remain curiously ambiguous about a start date.
I mean the man is currently unemployed and apparently desperate for the job, so why delay the announcement?
If , however, they have any veracity it does illustrate a concerning level of indecision, cowardice and plain ineptitude displayed by our administrators.

Perhaps after Southgate gets fired we can hire him as our penalty coach.

Such a weird appointment this.

Tell you what though the only reason Rafael is keeping Ferguson on is to try and become bezzies so Ferguson can tell us fans how great Rafael is and give him a chance.

Football is a fickle sport so if we won a trophy and got Europe I'd be happy, but barring his RS connections that's not even why I don't won't him, I just think he's way past his best.

I am an Evertonian since as long as I can remember, my earliest memory being my brother (a red Manc) taking me to see Blues playing what was then an annual friendly against Shamrock Rovers at Milltown - c 1969.

I have cried when Alan Ball, my hero, was sold. I have squirmed at the dire 70s, the cheating of the 77 FAC SF, the flukey Lampard winner in 1980 SF, the cushion showers of the early 80s, the graffiti Kendall out, rejoiced from January 1984 until 1987 at the performances, seethed with anger at missing out on Europe because of that lot, thrilled with 1995, and since then I have aged like the rest of us by 26 years without seeing a single trophy.

When I heard about Benitez, I cringed. As the weeks have dragged on, and there seems to be no one else coming out of the woodwork, I am reluctantly becoming resigned to the likely reality.

If it is him, I don't envy his task in not just getting the team playing well, signing excellent committed players who are not like some of the current jelly babies, but above all in persuading the supporters that he is really committed to this magnificent, historic Football League founder-member Club. Maybe when he gets to understand our rich heritage and history, he might even retract what he said in the past.

I don't give a toss what the RS think or say, although there is some degree of schadenfreude in knowing how they are sickened.

TBH, I just want this ended quickly, I want to move on.

Not many saying it, but Ancelotti's abandonment of the Club and fans after all his sweet talk a couple of months ago sickened me much more than Benitez's childish "small club" rant. That stupid remark did not hurt Everton FC. Ancelotti's greedy action has seriously damaged us.

Anyway, This 56 year old has a graduation ceremony (online) to look forward to later today. Last degree was 1989, but I thoroughly enjoyed the past 4 years - great distraction from turmoil on the pitch and at work!!

Keep the Faith Blues!
Nice one BR, I'm 61 and have been on the same road with you
Disgusted with Ancelotti and want this done before terminal harm is inflicted on our manageress club
If it's Benitez so what, move on and sign him up

Excellent post. Agree with everything.

If this happens it'll be a betrayal. Anyone within the club who stands by it will have their reputation tarnished.
Where are the club upto with season ticket renewals? The best stance supporters can take is to cancel their season tickets. Cancel their club membership and stop going the game. Hit them hard where it matters

…..looks a done deal, but it’s looked a done deal before;

0D4743C0-5FDC-4ED5-8910-92ABB765FE8B.png

Quite looking forward to all the reds who’ve named their dogs ‘Rafael’ to begin absolutely fuming to be honest.
I'm sure theres a few in the aftermath of the champions league that would have gotten a Rafael tatoo. Will need a substantial lob to have it removed.

This is something that’s annoying me at the moment on all platforms.

Both the pro and anti Benitez folk seem to think that they’re all sooper blooz.

I’m starting to think I’m the only pragmatic one out of the lot of us.

If we swerve him then fine, if he comes we can’t change it so let’s see what happens. My main concern is that while managerless, we’ll not strengthen as much as we need to. Perhaps the best thing, if it’s happening, would be to employ him on something like a one or two year, interim fixed plan? Who knows?

Anyway…..
Spot on Groucho. We are all entitled to our opinion as long as we do not present them in an offensive or aggressive manner to fellow Evertonians. There are actually people on fb calling speedy Mick a kopite? you couldn’t make it up!
I dont want benitez, on the basis that he looks like his glory days are long behind him, but then I do not support the Everton manager, to a degree i dont even support the team (especially when half of them seen disinterested) but i always have and always will support Everton football club.
Everton FC has been the one constant throughout my life, so if we get him, i will be disappointed, but i will still support Everton FC. Those who choose not too and say they wont attend a game while he is there honestly baffle me, but it is their life and their money to choose to do what they will. It certainly doesnt make be a better Evertonian, nor them a worse one. That kind of polarised thinking is extremely dangerous and divisive And something I would beg my fellow Evertonians to steer away from.

Status
Not open for further replies.