New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really see how. As long as you've got the drive to be the best you can be at your own job, I don't really see why you should need to want a different job. It's a bit of a pet hate of mine really, it's a tory driven attitude 'look, everyone can be a millionaire like me, you just have to really want it and work extraordinarily hard and you'll move through the ranks no problem.'
That's exactly the description of the type of coach I want to see at Everton. A few weeks ago it was reported that Ferguson had said he wanted the managers job, true or not I dont know but if it is then it's about time he goes out and proves he's able to manage but to me he's not coming across as someone who'll be willing to grind at Kidderminister or Plymouth to prove himself.
Given our recent history Rafael likley wont last much longer than 18 months or 2 years obviously if/when he does come he's here for longer and wins a pot or 2, but now is the time for Ferguson to put his name out there send out his CV to lower league and once Rafael is gone and if Ferguson has done a good enough job then he's in.

Lets be honest, if it is Benitez, this is turning into an utter farce.

He is out of contract, apparently whoring himself for the job for years.

What is taking so long, like genuine question. Am not buying the "quarantine" bollocks, it would be better for the club if they announced it with as little fanfare as possible to be perfectly honest.

If its him its him, the club need to accept the consequence grow a set and announce him and get on with it. The longer its dragged out the more it feels like the club are resigned to no-one else but him and are frantically running around speaking to anyone and using him as a backup.

If I was him, and this was the case, I would totally walk away.

Lets be honest, if it is Benitez, this is turning into an utter farce.

He is out of contract, apparently whoring himself for the job for years.

What is taking so long, like genuine question. Am not buying the "quarantine" bollocks, it would be better for the club if they announced it with as little fanfare as possible to be perfectly honest.

If its him its him, the club need to accept the consequence grow a set and announce him and get on with it. The longer its dragged out the more it feels like the club are resigned to no-one else but him and are frantically running around speaking to anyone and using him as a backup.

If I was him, and this was the case, I would totally walk away.

the longer it goes on the less likely he’s manager

“maybe tomorrow tomorrow tooooomooorrrrroooooooow”

LOL

the longer it goes on the less likely he’s manager

“maybe tomorrow tomorrow tooooomooorrrrroooooooow”

LOL

Ill be honest with you mate, I don't want it to be him - id rather give it to Eddie Howe to be honest as I think both are epically massive mistakes. I do however, think that all this smoke doesn't come without something happening.

The one shed of light I am holding onto at the moment is, he is out of contract, we could have appointed him 2 weeks ago after his apparent 4th meeting with the club.

Its very weird, I have always thought as a club we come across as incompetent but this is taking they mickey.

That's exactly the description of the type of coach I want to see at Everton. A few weeks ago it was reported that Ferguson had said he wanted the managers job, true or not I dont know but if it is then it's about time he goes out and proves he's able to manage but to me he's not coming across as someone who'll be willing to grind at Kidderminister or Plymouth to prove himself.
Given our recent history Rafael likley wont last much longer than 18 months or 2 years obviously if/when he does come he's here for longer and wins a pot or 2, but now is the time for Ferguson to put his name out there send out his CV to lower league and once Rafael is gone and if Ferguson has done a good enough job then he's in.
I would say coaching elite level players in elite level facilities is a much better grounding for an elite level job than managing part time players in the 7th tier of the pyramid or whatever they're in to be honest. I don't think Ferguson should be our manager but I have no issue at all with him being a coach if he's good at his job. I think your point of view is a common one, but flawed, and unhealthy.

I have already posted a link that completely smashes this myth to pieces.

Signing Fernando Torres from massive club Atletico Madrid after scoring loads of goals for them is not having an eye for talent.

That's just seeing a good player and saying "he is a good player". All of us can do that.

Well most of us anyway...(eyes DCL thread)

So if he signs a good player, it doesn't count?

What are the parameters that you're basing your arguement of talent spotting on? Age, previous club?

Jorginho, Koulibaly, Henrique, Ghoulam, Gabbiadini do they count at Napoli? Would you include Mertens and De Guzman in that?

How about plucking a young Hayden from Arsenal's U23 at Newcastle? Almiron, Schar, Lejuene, Fernandez, Dubravka?

Coutinho at Inter

Casameiro, Lucas Vazquez, Marco Asensio at Real.

Sissoko, Mista, Xisco, Albiol at Valencia.

Xabi Alonso, Mascherano, Sterling, Suso, Kuyt, Sissoko, Skrtel, Agger, Lucas Leiva, Reina, Riera, Benayoun, Aebeloa, Zenden, Fabio Aurelio at Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.