New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow Rafael huh?

You never really know how an appointment is gona go. Things that don't look good on paper don't work out sometimes and the reverse is also true.

Who knows how this will go.

I was excited for Silva and Koeman they were both shocking

I wasn't excited for Martinez (only considering that first season where he piggybacked off a Moyes def) and Allardyce (objectively wasn't bad at all, what he achieved.)

Does seem like he has been "close" for a week. How "close" can he get? Define the seems to be a tactic to let the fume die down but it won't work.
Seems a definite tactic to try to ride it out. I can imagine even club employees who are blues and working on PR etc wondering how on earth to put a positive spin on this lol

Fair enough mate - all I would say is if you was a Christian/Muslim whatever would you give up your faith just because you dont like the local priest who runs your church?

End of the day Evertons our religion and you pay to watch the 11 blokes on the pitch - I never give the fella in the dug out a 2nd glance when im at the game.

We should all want him to succeed here as the club succeeds and RS heads explode.
I see what youre saying but its too simple an analogy. If the guardian of your club /faith ripped up traditional values, customs and ethos of club same as faith youd have every right to refuse new direction and remain defend faith /club you grew up with and love.

I'm not talking about revenue and boycotts. Ilm talking about ground protests and the use of social media to create turmoil.

The appointment of Benitez will cause a major rupture.
you mean like the absolute waste men that walked around proclaiming ‘Kenwright OUT!’ About 10 years ago? Blue Union or whatever that was?

Tell me how successful that campaign was again…

You can easily imagine Conte saying I want unlimited backing in the transfer market before he’d even sit down to discuss terms.

CV wise, Benitez has the best out of all those seriously linked to the job. I don’t think Conte was ever seriously in the running at all.

My major concerns are that he’s an extremely divisive figure and that he’s no longer at the peak of his powers. The RS get guys like Benitez and Klopp when they’re at their absolute best. We’ve appointed Ancelotti and now likely Benitez when they’re in their 60s and on the wane.

Thats my main issue mate not the LFC connection however maybe thats just where we are as a football club at present time.

As others have said are the owners going to risk getting their fingers burnt whilst BMD is being built by appointing some young buck like Potter who could be the next big thing or could end up another Silva?

His future will be dictated by the team’s results. Moshiri isn’t necessarily a patient man and if Benitez doesn’t improve on last season then he’ll be under huge pressure.
not sure, he wanted to keep Silva on to see if he could avoid relegation - but the fans forced his hand earlier than he would have liked.

The sheer arrogance in pursuing this appointment despite fan uproar/protest paves way for some insight into how stubborn he'll be if things aren't going well. I don't think it will be easy to get rid of Benitez in any case - Moshiri has put his head on the line with it and like any businesses man, will not admit failure.
Absolutely. This is going to be drawn out and bloody.

Personally speaking I'll grudgingly back the appointment in so far as I want the team to win. And that's the majority view. And if it goes badly I will turn to full on opposition and so will the other's who will give backing to the team.

It's a crazy appointment but we have to somehow crack on and hope it works because the division and destabilisation its failure will bring will have far reaching consequences - potentialy with ownership issues.

Thats my main issue mate not the LFC connection however maybe thats just where we are as a football at present time. As others have said are the owners going to risk getting their fingers burnt whilst BMD is being built by appointing some young buck like Potter who could be the next big thing or could end up another Silva?
I think that’s it. They aren’t going to take a risk on an young manager. We were on a hiding to nothing when we appointed Moyes. Things a bit different now.

Absolutely. This is going to be drawn out and bloody.

Personally speaking I'll grudgingly back the appointment in so far as I want the team to win. And that's the majority view. And if it goes badly I will turn to full on opposition and so will the other's who will give backing to the team.

It's a crazy appointment but we have to somehow crack on and hope it works because the division and destabilisation its failure will bring will have far reaching consequences - potentialy with ownership issues.
the question is, what does doing badly amount to? I would suggest doing badly for the FSW would be considered perfectly acceptable for the likes of say Ancelotti in the eyes of the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.