New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The potential for a club to go into free fall here is obvious.
It really isn’t. If this was decades ago, when attendances were built on having a core fan base then yes, you’d never go a million miles near him.

Nowadays your core fan base is a minor annoyance rather than anything spectacular. If you think the hospitality spaces and tickets sold on offs are going to change then footballs left you behind.

You can easily imagine Conte saying I want unlimited backing in the transfer market before he’d even sit down to discuss terms.

CV wise, Benitez has the best out of all those seriously linked to the job. I don’t think Conte was ever seriously in the running at all.

My major concerns are that he’s an extremely divisive figure and that he’s no longer at the peak of his powers. The RS get guys like Benitez and Klopp when they’re at their absolute best. We’ve appointed Ancelotti and now likely Benitez when they’re in their 60s and on the wane.
Benitez was on the wane a decade ago.

Doesnt reflect that well on DBB either way. She’s either calling the shots and has appointed Rafael, or she’s a CEO who isn’t allowed to make the biggest decisions at the football club.
I have no doubt whatsoever it's the latter.
Stick to the charity work Denise

It really isn’t. If this was decades ago, when attendances were built on having a core fan base then yes, you’d never go a million miles near him.

Nowadays your core fan base is a minor annoyance rather than anything spectacular. If you think the hospitality spaces and tickets sold on offs are going to change then footballs left you behind.
I'm not talking about revenue and boycotts. Ilm talking about ground protests and the use of social media to create turmoil.

The appointment of Benitez will cause a major rupture.

Do you think they've left it long enough for use to get used to Benitiez it yet ?

Nuno Spurs-bound ? Or is it more poker bluffing ?

This pursuit of unremarkable managers is thrilling.

The potential for a club to go into free fall here is obvious.

The sheer arrogance in pursuing this appointment despite fan uproar/protest paves way for some insight into how stubborn he'll be if things aren't going well. I don't think it will be easy to get rid of Benitez in any case - Moshiri has put his head on the line with it and like any businesses man, will not admit failure.

Benitez was on the wane a decade ago.
Can’t say I have followed his career much but most likely true. I’m still not convinced he did anything special at Newcastle but won’t argue that he achieved some good things earlier in his career. And also was a dismissive, arrogant so and so towards Everton.

Doesnt reflect that well on DBB either way. She’s either calling the shots and has appointed Rafael, or she’s a CEO who isn’t allowed to make the biggest decisions at the football club.

I think it's fair to say that DBB, Kenwright and Brands have come out of this looking weak with little to no influence whatsoever and should resign. Whilst Moshiri has come out of this looking like the biggest knobhead since Martinez thought Niasse was a pro footballer and worth spunking 13m on.

Shocking all round if you ask me.

Do you think they've left it long enough for use to get used to Benitiez it yet ?

Nuno Spurs-bound ? Or is it more poker bluffing ?

This pursuit of unremarkable managers is thrilling.
Does seem like he has been "close" for a week. How "close" can he get? Definitely seems to be a tactic to let the fume die down but it won't work.

The sheer arrogance in pursuing this appointment despite fan uproar/protest paves way for some insight into how stubborn he'll be if things aren't going well. I don't think it will be easy to get rid of Benitez in any case - Moshiri has put his head on the line with it and like any businesses man, will not admit failure.
His future will be dictated by the team’s results. Moshiri isn’t necessarily a patient man and if Benitez doesn’t improve on last season then he’ll be under huge pressure.

Status
Not open for further replies.