New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
His MO is buying big physical players. We probably won’t be very good to watch but I’m hoping it means the end for us being the slowest weakest squad in the league. If he naffs off in 18 months but he’s left us with a squad that can actually play at the pace of the premier league then it would be job done from my perspective and a new manager can then build on laying some style on that squad.

Any manager that comes in and tries to get this lot playing football will just be in a relegation battle. They can’t do it.

We need someone to be able to builld and lay foundations for a future top class manager to work on like Moyes left El Loco

Your point was that "most of the discontent" was due to the comment. But the majority of posts against him are nothing to do with the comment.
I’m not referring to just on here. Most of what I see on social media is due to him having a dig.

I get the footballing arguments.

You do have to question about what on earth there is left to talk about between them and Benitez.

I think Greg O'Keeffe said the appointment was very close but not imminent which is surely a contradiction in terms.

I don't think there will be news until next week now.

As said earlier, appointing the FSW will give my weekends and cash back, the more I think about it, the better this sits with me.
Mosh do your worst..

I have previously warned my wife and my boss that the next time Everton win something, not to worry if they don't see me for a while as I can imagine the bender would be an epic one

If we win something under Benitez, I can imagine smiling, maybe even cheering, until I saw his face, at which point I'd come crashing back down to earth

I'm sorry you feel that way. I suppose different folk just see things in their own way. I think most supporters were wanting Martinez out before we got to the semi final against utd (some reports that the team was even managing itself that day) and although he's hard to hate he had royally pissed me off for the last 2 years but had we won something even though he had nothing to do with it I still would have not cared a jot.

I suppose that said I wouldn't like to see Delph celebrating a trophy win but that would just be a fleeting 0.001% disappointing moment.

Maybe you should find out then before condemning the use of "small club" when the Liverpool manager used it and making that the sole reason why you would not give Benitez a chance if he was appointed at Goodison.
I think you are confusing me with someone else

I wanted Potter from the off, have enjoyed watching Brighton when I've seen them.

You have to admire Benitez for having the balls to take the job knowing he will be hated from the off with no honeymoon period allowed. He will need to hit the ground running.

I've accepted his arrival and hope he proves us all wrong and is a success.

Status
Not open for further replies.