New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't understand this.

If he wins something with us it takes away the shine from the trophies he won with Liverpool.

It should be liverpool fans begrudging his success with us. Not us begrudging our own success. What type of bitter mentality is that?

I don't have a problem with accepting that it might be saying something about me, but I fall into this camp.

If we win something while he is our manager, it will feel hollow to me and I'd take vastly more pleasure in it if it was won by almost literally anyone else.

That is the depth of my hatred of the man.

I think most can agree that there are more than a few reasons we dread this road we seem to be going down. His comment , his history with the man-orcs , his recent entries on his CV and even his smug face .
And the facht that he will spend the whole game serving paella instead of coaching.

I'm no great fan of his, he just seems to join clubs after they have success and not really maintain it.

The minute he's appointed we need to show our feelings and make sure he is replaced asap. It's going to be a monumental catastrophe for the club and an embarassment.

If the board appoint him, then they all need to go because they don't understand anything about the club.

If we hire and fire a manager without even playing a game we will just be causing self harm as any manager in future will look at us and say basket case club. The tail should not be wagging the dog, people can hate/dislike Benitez and still support the team.

(IF it happens) Everton will get the picture when no one views his press conferences and alike and get shot of him when the timing is right. A supporter drive to sack someone who the owner has picked will just pee a lot of people off at the club.

I understand they should take into account the feeling amongst the support when choosing a manager, but they've obviously have and still want to press on. That shows you how good Benitez is or how little they trust the others. Still not a done deal anyhow, plenty of time for a new contender to enter the ring.

I don't have a problem with accepting that it might be saying something about me, but I fall into this camp.

If we win something while he is our manager, it will feel hollow to me and I'd take vastly more pleasure in it if it was won by almost literally anyone else.

That is the depth of my hatred of the man.

If we win something I'll be too busy cartwheeling around my front room or stadium to care who is managing us.

My fiancee made a comment when we were playing Brighton a few years ago. 79 mins gone and 2:1 up. She said, "oh, looks like they are going to win then". Brighton score 80th min.

Then at 90, she goes, "at least its a draw". Digne own goal in stoppage time.

I should have called the wedding off then and there.
Fixed that little typo for you Marius ;)

You obviously don't watch his football. It's horrendous. If the aim is low block and play it long, that makes you a dinosaur.

It requires little thought process and cannot carry you to the top. If you appoint a manager who plays a more progressive style, it takes longer to implement. You may struggle, but it may get you to the top as it can provide incremental gains. Dyche-ball comes with its own glass-ceiling in built. What's the point?

I think our fans are scared of a manager who wants to play football because of Martinez. Martinez is unusual in that he was a fantasist who didn't believe defending or set-pieces were an important part of the game, whilst missing the most important part of the Guardiola philosophy- the press.

The argument that Dyche is not fancied because he is a ginger Englishman is nonsense. Wouldn't be my choice, but I wouldn't mind Potter and he's hardly an extrovert- and he's English. I've also gone into endless detail on here about why I don't want Benitez, and is nothing to do with his RS connections and everything to do with his desire to play Spanish Dyche-ball.

Simeone plays Dyche Ball and is a top level manager - like anything you're only as good as the players at your disposal.

People expect Dyche to be gatecrashing the top 6 with the 18th lowest net spend whilst the top 9-10 sides in the league are all spending £70-100 million a season.

Its fantasy imo.

Might be for the 'players' thread if we have one but I genuinely think we could have that robot mascot in charge and the same boring stuff will happen over and over. We need to shift the crap players first, or at least fire them out of a cannon into the mersey if they don't want to leave. The sooner we sort half the team out the better, maybe Benitez will do this, I don't know.

My fiancee made a comment when we were playing Brighton a few years ago. 79 mins gone and 2:1 up. She said, "oh, looks like they are going to win then". Brighton score 80th min.

Then at 90, she goes, "at least its a draw". Digne own goal in stoppage time.

I could have called the wedding off then and there.
Had similar experiences watching the game with my missus.Ive called her a jinx many times.She doesn't watch anymore Unfortunately it hasn't made a blind bit of difference.

If we win something I'll be too busy cartwheeling around my front room or stadium to care who is managing us.

I have previously warned my wife and my boss that the next time Everton win something, not to worry if they don't see me for a while as I can imagine the bender would be an epic one

If we win something under Benitez, I can imagine smiling, maybe even cheering, until I saw his face, at which point I'd come crashing back down to earth

The problem with that is that these players will seize on Benitez's unpopularity, hide behind it and see Benitez out of a job while preserving their own position here.

For me - beyond all the sturm und drang of the symbolic significance of the appointment - it's that knowledge that the wasters will survive for years more after a quick Benitez regime...and by wasters I extend that to the coaching staff too as well as the players.

His MO is buying big physical players. We probably won’t be very good to watch but I’m hoping it means the end for us being the slowest weakest squad in the league. If he naffs off in 18 months but he’s left us with a squad that can actually play at the pace of the premier league then it would be job done from my perspective and a new manager can then build on laying some style on that squad.

Any manager that comes in and tries to get this lot playing football will just be in a relegation battle. They can’t do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.