New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Favre is a Swiss Moyes.

I do like him but I get the feeling it wouldn't work with this squad.

He doesn't seem the type who would give a good bollocking and thats what we need imo

Martinez didnt have it
Silva didnt
Koeman wasnt interested
Carlo was all about quiet leadership

It was only really Moyes/Alladyce who used that tough style of management and both over achieved with the respective squads they had at their disposal.

Soon as a manager come into this club and wants to be the players mate or gives them an inch its game over.

If you are going to hire benitez, you do it quick, so that all the anger is immediate. Allowing anger to build and build and cause ructions between fans sets it up to fail even more.

I know our board aren't the brightest bunch, but it makes it more untenable everyday of he is actually being considered.

Favre is a Swiss Moyes.
0A215226-5727-4DD5-AD27-B8CFE42E0B34.jpeg

MMmmmlll “Swiss Moyes”

If you are going to hire venitez, you do it quick, so that all the anger is immediate. Allowing anger to build and build and cause ructions between fans sets it up to fail even more.

I know our board aren't the brightest bunch, but it makes it more untenable everyday of he is actually being considered.

Who is this Venitez manager you speak of, some Colombian top tier manager who has flown under the radar?

At least Venitez should be able to persuade James to stay

If they don't think Dunc is ready on his own yet and want someone to work with him while he's groomed to take over (Benitez) why not Dunc and Unsworth as a management team? They can take it on together then and learn off each other.

Failing that get a proven coach like Steve McClaren or even Steve Round back to work with Dunc. We know they're good coaches, just not managers.

Failing that let Nuno take the job as originally promised and bring in his own staff.

Why does it have to be rafael?
That would be making a bad situation worse.
If Duncan were to be appointed it would be with an older head like Wenger, Ranieri, Hodgson, Pellegrini to guide him for a couple of years

You are going to have to explain that to me because I am not sure what you mean... not trying to be smart.
Same we all back the club doesnt mean we have to like the manager who comes in. All of us just want the best for the club, us fans just need this over now so we can move on and get ready for the season

As we move forward as Club, we need a steady hand, a force who can deal with ego, poor performance and expectation, who shows a genuine affinity for the club and hopefully endurance too, he is none of those things in the recent times and he certainly isnt a long term appointee, his reign if appointed will be simply the most divisive appointment and thing to happen to Everton since Johnson's awful tenure.

We must think outside of the usual suspects, which we haven't done yet during Moshs tenure and we simply cannot afford to have a club constantly seek a new manager every 18 months at a time when we perhaps have an opportunity to exercise some financial muscle in a financially turbulent time.

His comments about us aside, he is not what we need at this juncture in our history.
He was at Newcastle over 3 years pal. Twice as long as any of our recent managers have managed, and giving them a stable platform which Bruce is now building on.
He only left because of the Mike Ashley situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.