New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@JMT or anybody else for that matter.

Here's my first post in this thread.

I'd give Frank Lampard a go. Thought he did OK at Chelsea and the fans were sad to see him go.

He's learning still as a coach but he's had 18 months top flight experience plus Europe.
Can somebody please tell me what's so bad about Lampard as an option.

Yes but Benitez didn't do well. His side were negative and the fans didn't take to him. So it doesn't 'kind of prove' anything, apart from that the result effectively began his dead man walking period at Madrid.
The bit in bold is fair enough for reasons not to want him but getting beat 4-0 by probably the best team on the planet at the time shouldn't be the only reason not to want him.

What’s embarrassing is the board are totally indecisive about who they want to appoint.

there doesn’t seem to be a plan and vision as to how to move the club forward.

instead what we’re getting is leaks about various managers, eventually they need to make a decision so planning can start for the start of the season.

what we have now is farcical
The club have done nothing in public, nobody know what they have or haven’t done - that is how all great businesses are run.

We may end up making a good, bad or average appointment but until we do, what’s embarrassing is people losing their mind over speculation.

Why do so many get upset over the old Small Club comment?

We’re basically a small club now in every respect other than the purse strings. Haven’t achieved anything of note in some time…we’ve had guys like Martina and Niasse pull on the jumper in recent memory…

Whoever comes in has a big job, that’s for sure.

I don't know enough about him as a manager to know whether he'll turn out to be good or bad to be honest, but I just don't see what about his record means he should be someone of interest to us at this stage of his career. A decent but unsuccessful season at Derby, another decent season at Chelsea and then a really poor run ending in a sacking. If he hadn't won 100 England caps as a player there's not a chance in hell anyone's putting him forward for this job.

well, he was bought a squad of excellent players and he had them hovering outside the european spots. Chelsea realized he wasn't good enough so fired their own cult hero, then Tuchel took the same squad and turned them in to the only team that could rival City and won the CL.
Seems like a bad idea to take him on with a poorer squad of players.

Status
Not open for further replies.