New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s embarrassing is the board are totally indecisive about who they want to appoint.

there doesn’t seem to be a plan and vision as to how to move the club forward.

instead what we’re getting is leaks about various managers, eventually they need to make a decision so planning can start for the start of the season.

what we have now is farcical

What’s embarrassing is the board are totally indecisive about who they want to appoint.

instead what we’re getting is leaks about various managers, eventually they need to make a decision so planning can start for the start of the season.

I think we are seeing speculation rather than leaks.

I'm not rewriting history. Their squad was ridiculously old. That last season of Mourinhos was a typical Jose season, leave the club in the [Poor language removed]. He could have started a rebuild job, but he chose not to.

Rafael tried to get rid of the old guard and they went against him. Rafael told the board that they needed a rebuild, they disagreed and said they have just won the treble, so you should be able to carry on the work.

A lot of managers do it, so I don't know why you're surprised. Jose is notorious for it. Fergie did the same before he left Utd too. Leaving the next manager to try and pick up the pieces and try and rebuild. The problem is they usually end up looking like they've ruined the good work like Moyes at Utd.

So are we just to ignore what happpened after he left?

Leonardo came straight in after he was sacked, set a new points record collecting 33 points in 13 games, won the Coppa Italia and led them to a 2nd place finish?

Am guessing he did that with a rebuilt squad, right?

I'm not rewriting history. Their squad was ridiculously old. That last season of Mourinhos was a typical Jose season, leave the club in the [Poor language removed]. He could have started a rebuild job, but he chose not to.

Rafael tried to get rid of the old guard and they went against him. Rafael told the board that they needed a rebuild, they disagreed and said they have just won the treble, so you should be able to carry on the work.

A lot of managers do it, so I don't know why you're surprised. Jose is notorious for it. Fergie did the same before he left Utd too. Leaving the next manager to try and pick up the pieces and try and rebuild. The problem is they usually end up looking like they've ruined the good work like Moyes at Utd.
FACT

Maybe we have signed someone already but haven't announced it because they re at the euros etc. The decision may already have been made and all the "leaks" are just media wham. We literally have no idea what the board are actually thinking, like we didn't when Carlo was appointed.

There may be a lot of truth in your defence of his recent record, but the reasons you give can equally be viewed as excuses for his recent lack of success.

Either way, I don't feel he is the right man for Everton: too much baggage and at the wrong end of the age spectrum.

Top level football is young man's game, and I feel we need to be looking at younger managers who still feel they have something to prove, and might be more adaptable than seasoned veterans. For all his past success, Ancelotti essentially failed here - he showed he wasn't up for the fight, and that is my overriding concern about giving a last big pay day to older managers.

His lack of recent success, could be attributed to the fact that his last 5 years were spent in China and Newcastle. Before that he did a very good job at Napoli, to the point that their chairman wanted him to sign a new 3 year contract, but Rafael was homesick. He also did a good job at Chelsea.

To be fair I did say a couple of years ago that Ancelotti wasn't the right man for us and that he is a very lazy coach. Which we found out. Rafael might not have the same level of success as Ancelotti, but he is far from a lazy coach, which could benefit us more.

Ancelotti works best at bigger clubs, when they can just get on with it. Rafael works best at the next level down, where he can properly coach his teams and take them to the next level.

Its up to you mate what you want to believe and what not to. But things have changed in the last week . One poster has been more or less spot on with the timing of information.

That's fair, but I'm a sceptic on all this sort of stuff.

I don't believe there is much gets out there about Everton anymore. I am very doubtful we have appointed anyone yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.