New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is the lad prefers Martinez who had never proved he is a club manager. He literally forgot how bad Bob was.

Sure, not suggesting Martinez is better, 72 points was masked with Moyes defence.. however, point still stands Moyes has had 1 good season in the last 8 and we should not be suggesting him for our club in any way shape or form!

I'd give Frank Lampard a go. Thought he did OK at Chelsea and the fans were sad to see him go.

He's learning still as a coach but he's had 18 months top flight experience plus Europe.

He took over when they finished 15th in the Championship and won the league in his first season, first two years in the prem finished 7th both years. Can't grumble at that, Played great football. Lately its been carnage - As I said, I think its dodgy and not sure how much is down to him

It's not really a fair reflection is it mate?

They had already assembled a Premier League squad, and reinforced it with Neves, Jota, Boly, Bonatini and Vinagre, all who played in their first season.

When your budget is a mid table premier league sized one, you should be winning the second tier, in fact it's an abject failure if he didn't. He came up, full of confidence and then when the bubble burst he couldn't fix it. He couldn't do it at Valencia, Porto and then got ousted at Wolves.... three clubs didn't want him, yet we do?

Crystal Palace going for him tells you everything you need to know. Over Howe? Yes. Do i want him? No.

Conte would be cool, but he will leave if we bad and he will leave if we good

its a one season shot.

thats him in a nutshell, will bite spurs in the back

I hope these Nuno rumours are just made up internet nonsense because there is something deeply uninspiring and unsettling about Everton making their top target a man who has never won anything whatsoever as a Manager other than a promotion from a lower league. To go from Carlo to that would be proper depressing.

Most of the current rumours will be just tosh though thankfully.

Probably true, but he has the track record of any of the other big managers. And as mad as it sounds for a former Red, I don't think he'd ever do what Ancelotti just did.

Other names are either untested in this league, and/or, like I already said, will have 1 eye on the next job they can jump to. Especially after seeing where our 4 of our previous 5 managers ended up (Man United, Barcelona, Real Madrid and the Belgian National Team).

He would be a stable, sensible choice, once the initial fume of who he is eased down. And I have a feeling he would end up hated more by that lot, despite what he achieved.

Like I say, just an opinion, but I really can't be bothered chasing huge names who will use us as a pension fund and/or stepping stone to leave us in the lurch further down the line.

I cant agree at all.

What needs to be remembered is that regardless of his ability currently he would get a very very short honeymoon period. As soon as we lost a game he would be getting called a fat Spanish waiter in no time.

Having a massively divisive manager is a disaster waiting to happen especially now.

Also he got relegated with Newcastle and Steve Bruce has done a better job than him by the looks of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.