New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Same here.

He just gets laughed off but I haven't seen anybody give a valid good reason why he wouldn't suit us. Prolific posting in here though and I haven't read half of them
I wouldn't be entirely against him. Think he did a decent job with the young players at Chelsea and got them playing for each other and probably a little above expectations.

The downfall seemed to be when he seemed forced to shoehorn in high profile signings (which I don't believe were his signings necessarily) at the expense of the players he developed together and were playing for him and he broke up that unity. It felt like Abramovich was too involved.

Don't know enough about the Chelsea set up though to truly know if my take is even close to what happened.

But it would be a huge gamble.

Because they aren't remarkable results for a team like Real. Getting pummelled, 0-4, at home to your biggest rivals is quite memorable.
How is Pep still in a job after getting pummelled by Leicester at home last season?
Even Klopp after the Villa defeat.

Not defending Rafael but we can't rely on single results.

Remember when he had that "Facts" press conference, ranting at "Mr Ferguson" despite being 7 points ahead in the title race and ended up losing the title to Utd after everyone thought he was having a meltdown.

That was funny mate.

I mean he wasn't wrong. Everyone knows Fergie time was real.

I don't think Liverpool lost after that rant though did they.

Two things.
1. The Inter team that he was so right about needing a reboot had just won the treble, yet your contention is that they immediately became past it between May and August of the same year. Talk about rewriting history.
2. We have a squad full of old prima donnas (Sigurdsson, Delph, James, Tosun etc..) and he is likely to be turned down by Brands for certain players, does that mean we can expect him to fail here too? If so, why should we hire him? We are more of a project than Inter were. He hasn't been successful at a mid-table club since his days at Valencia and even they were in a better position than we are now. What in his record provides any evidence that he would achieve any kind of success here
I agree with most points but the Valencia he took over weren't midtable. They had played two successive Champions League finals and finished 1 point off CL qualification when he took over. Not comparable to Everton really.

Status
Not open for further replies.