New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
But its ok for the none anti-Benitez fans who may just think he may be the better man for the job with what's out there to be labeled not a true Everton fan or a kopite
Because I’m yet to meet an Everton fan in RL or on here that actually wants him. The people who want him are either new posters or only post when the Everton job available and again are for Benitez.

Have zero expectations.

I'm at the point now that...we ain't going to be successful any time soon, the squad is too much of a mess and be worse by the time next season starts.

We ain't going to be relegated as we're not that lacking or in a mess boardroom level.

Anyone who comes in isn't going to get success out of the club for a number of years. And I do mean anyone. If Carlo couldn't get a tune out of them consistently and buggered off before he could progress...no one can persuade me they'll come in and do a better job unless they get 2 full seasons minimum,

If Rafael gets it and is sacked after 6 months what changes? Nothing. We're in the same position now. It's not like he'd come in and relegate or fold the club so I'm completely apathetic about it all.

More people seem worried about how it looks and getting some serious banter off the murderers next door. Couldn't give a monkeys what they did or think.
See I actually find that attitude even stranger. I could get it if you were saying you thought that appointing a manager with Benitez's record was our best chance of competing at the top end - i'd disagree but I could get the thinking behind it. If you don't think we'll be any good or go down whoever is in charge, then it's weird to me that you would be happy with us being managed by a bloke who has a reputation for dull football, who doesn't really come across well publicly (he may be a lovely bloke in private but his public persona isn't great) and who has an indelible link to our biggest rivals. If we're going to finish in midtable regardless then i'd much rather not do it with Benitez/Allardyce/Pulis/Gerrard etc in charge.

Also 'banter' is surely a big part of being a football fan? If I just wanted to watch people kicking a ball I wouldn't support a team, i'd just watch whoever took my fancy at any given time. Getting stick off reds and feeling like I don't really have a connection to my own team would be a pretty big thing for me. Obviously we're all different.

Lets go over his success at Liverpool then. CL winners (with Houillers team), FA cup winners the season after, then nothing for the next 4 years

I can't remember Houllier buying Luis Garcia who scored 4 goals en route to the Champions League final. Or Xabi Alonso who scored in the final.

They also finished runners up in the League Cup that season too.

FA cup and Super Cup winners the season after, as well as finishing 3rd.

Charity Shield winners and another champions league final, runners up this time though. Another 3rd place finish.

Semi finals of the Champions league and a 4th place finish.

2nd place in the league, led the season for pretty much most of it.

Semi finals of the Europa League... Sacked.

Maybe it is time for a dose of reality, and having someone clinical and unemotional in his approach to change Everton from this mess we are in at the minute?

I don't want Rafael never have, never will but also can't help thinking that everybody at the club especially the playing side and coaching staff need a few home truths and maybe a cold calculated pair of eyes might just finally do it?

I am sick of hearing that we need somebody who gets Everton? We have DBB, Bill Kenwright, Duncan, Rhino, Ebbrell, Baines, and so on and so on at the club who all supposedly get Everton and we are a mess, Duncan apparently gets Everton more than anyone and yet is not ready to be Manager because he is only passion (depsite being the same age as Pep and older than Tuchel?)

Maybe its time to take emotion out of it and get somebody who knows what he is doing and will finally shake the club to its foundations and force real change, because we need it now more than ever.

Nice place to work for a couple of years running? It appears the only people who aren't having a nice time at Everton are the fans?

We wanted big name managers we got it, we wanted big name players we go it, we wanted big money spent on transfers we got it, we wanted a new ground looks like we are getting it, maybe its time to stop thinking about want the fans want and run the club properly with someone who is going to tell it how it is? If thats Rafael then so be it because nothing else has worked and I don't see any candidate who sticks out? (I have never seen Lille play so know nothing about Gaultier.)
I applaud the openess of your heart and mind but I'm afraid that I can't go there.

In the highly unlikely event of him bringing success to Goodison I'm not even sure that I could enjoy it.

I suspect it would feel a bit empty , dirty and tainted.

I'm not even sure I would be arsed about us if he was in charge.

Reactions: CJR
Have zero expectations.

I'm at the point now that...we ain't going to be successful any time soon, the squad is too much of a mess and be worse by the time next season starts.

We ain't going to be relegated as we're not that lacking or in a mess boardroom level.

Anyone who comes in isn't going to get success out of the club for a number of years. And I do mean anyone. If Carlo couldn't get a tune out of them consistently and buggered off before he could progress...no one can persuade me they'll come in and do a better job unless they get 2 full seasons minimum,

If Rafael gets it and is sacked after 6 months what changes? Nothing. We're in the same position now. It's not like he'd come in and relegate or fold the club so I'm completely apathetic about it all.

More people seem worried about how it looks and getting some serious banter off the murderers next door. Couldn't give a monkeys what they did or think.
You just don't get it do you, apart from the millions we will have thrown at him if as you admit, nobody is going to achieve anything with this squad, why on earth is it acceptable to appoint such a devisive person.

It may not matter to you what Benitez has said about us in the past, I assume you are not a Scouser, but surely you can see he is a busted flush who will be played a fortune by us to do a job that any halfway competent manager could do for half the wage and without splitting our fanbase.

That is one horrifying prospect having them have Rafael signs and singing his name of they are trampling us in the derby.

Genuine question. What is preventing you from doing that? There's this forum, others, twitter, real life. I'm not sure what you're suggesting is not 'real' about the thoughts being expressed on here?

Yes I mean Evertonian's are nothing but a fairly disunited bunch who have a multitude of different views. People are going to have a go at you for having a view to a degree, but that is done pretty consistently. I've seen moaning about Nuno, Benitez, Moyes, Ferguson, Martinez, Lampard, Potter, Howe, Favre, Conte, Ancelotti, Allardyce, Silva, Koeman etc. All of them are seen as simultaneously representative of everything that has gone wrong and will go wrong.

Honestly, I'd just pop my opinion up, expect lots of people will have a different opinion, some will probably tell you you're the problem but it's rarely people being nasty, it's just an expression of the frustration we feel.

There's no stand out candidate we are getting this time. On Benitez though, if you want to be critical, I certainly don't think anybody is getting massively shouted down with that!

To be fair there’s only two, one of them is absolutely not an Everton fan in @Theoneandonly and the other is @Kev50 who is starting to look a bit unhinged in his rabid fanboyism of Benitez.

….me probably being over suspicious, but could the club/Benitez get new posters on here to try & push the Benitez agenda?

I suppose only @GrandOldTeam & mods know if there has been an influx who have concentrated their posts on pushing the Benitez bandwagon.

Genuine question. What is preventing you from doing that? There's this forum, others, twitter, real life. I'm not sure what you're suggesting is not 'real' about the thoughts being expressed on here?
when I say real i mean including the people who are scared to say what they really think. In are group chat straight after Ancelotti left benitez was mooted at the start and people said they'd be happy with it. now a couple of them have gone back on it because of thr fume and rest are quiet.

I want a young up and coming manager. That is how we bridge the gap to better teams. We need only players and managers who are 100% determined to better themselves. No one past their peak should be recruited in any capacity.

….me probably being over suspicious, but could the club/Benitez get new posters on here to try & push the Benitez agenda?

I suppose only @GrandOldTeam & mods know if there has been an influx who have concentrated their posts on pushing the Benitez bandwagon.
I think we are getting too deep into it. I went up against several posters last night who have been around for a while who were arguing the case for him.

Unfortunately, there seems to be a genuine section of fans who are blinkered by historical achievements and net spend.

Status
Not open for further replies.