New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
One could argue Martinez had little to do with taking probably one of the best generations in world football history top rankings.
One could argue the Belgian FA made a fine choice.
When you consider Thierry Henry’s willingness to work with him, and the turnaround in Lukaku from sniggering on the bench with Mirallas when they heard Roberto had got the Belgium job to how he plays out of his boots for him now it suggests RM has indeed learned some valid lessons since his departure.

Of all the names linked Roberto would be my choice. Of those not linked my personal preference has always been Roberto Mancini.

Never mind the rs connections, Benitez is a has been dinosaur regardless, with an infamous reputation for dour defensive football. The job he did at the rs is overrated anyway. A champions league win, that was the biggest freak one off result of all time, and he bottled winning the league with them, and the rs finished 7th in his final season there.

He did a good job with Valencia to be fair, but that was seventeen effing years ago. Some fans will accept him, but others won't. There won't be a honeymoon period for him, when results go awry either. This will be the most divisive managerial appointment, since Sam Allardyce. There is plenty of hungry up and coming managers, around europe who would love a crack at the Everton job. Hiring Rafael Benitez will be proof for me, that Moshiri and the board are totally and utterly clueless.
Agree please swerve it please please!!! You know they are doing it though...

I am Liverpool fan but unlike many other Liverpool fans i have a soft spot for Everton. I really think that Rafael is the best manager Everton can hope for at this stage. In the long term i am convinced that if he lands the job he will at least secure the club a top four spot.

Well, I like Rafael's thinking here. Big Dunc is absolutely key to the future success of Everton. Shrewd. https://www.[Publication is blackli...rton-plan-may-keep-fans-offside-after-update/

Could a Benitez / Dunc partnership work? Didn't the RS have Houlier and Evans for a time?
Just a thought. Imagine Big Dunc coming in with an experienced manager beside him. When Unsworth had
his first match he had Royle.

Status
Not open for further replies.