New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
All I would say is if you asked fans prior to last season was Moyes finished 99% would have said yes - pointing to his failures at Real Sociedad and Sunderland.

Sometimes certain clubs suit certain managers.

I dont want Benitez but I wouldn't say on record that he is in any way a finished manager. Past his best most likely but so was Carlo who everyone was pulling their todgers off over last 18 months despite finishing 12th and 10th.
Regardless of whether he gets appointed or not what, on Earth, legs you too think Rafael bleedin Benitez would be a "suit" for this club?

Benitez had a net spend of -£11m at Newcastle after taking over a shocking side.. Bruce SPENT a hundred million on the team Benitez stabilised.. Do you understand how that might make one chap's job more difficult than the other?

That includes the £50m they got from selling Wijnaldum and Sissoko when they got relegated to the Championship. That was the first summer Benitez was there, so they weren’t actually “his players” were they?

Also Bruce lost the strike partnership that Benitez had so he didn’t spend £100m on top of Benitez’s team did he?

I get the free bit, however every recent managerial appointment had PL experience and yet everyone of them flopped big-time.

If they’re using PL experience as a selection criteria then the process is flawed and they need to review and change it urgently.

Cracks me up this 'PL experience' BS!
As if football in the PL is a different sport or something

That includes the £50m they got from selling Wijnaldum and Sissoko when they got relegated to the Championship. That was the first summer Benitez was there, so they weren’t actually “his players” were they?

Also Bruce lost the strike partnership that Benitez had so he didn’t spend £100m on top of Benitez’s team did he?
yes, the situations when any manager takes over a team, they're not his players. Which is irrelevant. He was asked to take over a team, which then had its' star players sold. But he still left them in a far better position. So, well done him. Bruce spent a hundred million during his tenure. Rafael spent minus eleven million. Those are the fachts.

I can understand the arguments in favour of appointing Benitez and I don’t have any personal animosity to the bloke but if he gets the job and doesn’t make a good start then I think he’s under a fair bit of pressure right away. If I were on the board this would concern me - if he has a bad start the fans will want him out. Do they really want to have to look for another manager before Christmas?

if they appoint him they’ll have to be one hundred percent certain he’s going to be a success.
Fair point.

And if Moshiri gets this one wrong which his past record suggests it will, he should be prepared to see some banners too.

If I was Moshiri, I'd simply ask Brands to "make sure we don't hire another fraud like Carlo, make the decision based on what the manager's plans are considering what a shambles of a club we are and how he will get on well with the work you (Brands) plan to do."

If the manager convinces Brands, then Brands' approval should be good enough for the board.

The funny thing in football is, you never know if Martinez turns out to be an excellent choice 2nd time coming after his experience with Belgium. Same for Rafael. The man most hate could yet prove us all wrong in 3 years' time.

Status
Not open for further replies.