New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Genuine question - why is there this consensus that Rafael is out of touch with modern football?
Because he hasn't done anything of note in the last 10 years.
Because he plays dire negative football that coaches a decade ago promoted.
Now if you want additional reasons why he shouldn't be Everton manager ....I'm sorry but I don't have enough time.

If he takes us bottom half or in a relegation battle he will be an even bigger hero to them

What makes you so certain that he would have us in a relegation scrap?

We finished 10th last season.

He finished 10th and 13th with Newcastle. When he had full seasons.

He was regularly in European spots with Liverpool and finished 3rd with Chelsea.

Again how does that equal relegation?

What makes you so certain that he would have us in a relegation scrap?

We finished 10th last season.

He finished 10th and 13th with Newcastle. When he had full seasons.

He was regularly in European spots with Liverpool and finished 3rd with Chelsea.

Again how does that equal relegation?
He would be toxic from the off though, one bad run and he is short short term...

People banging on about Rafael's cv what did Carlo's cv achieve or give him when he was here? And he had an even better cv! Cvs don't mean much if the coach doesn't fit the club and Raf doesn't in so many ways it's untrue! Our squad needs more than another veteran "name" manager with a "cv", who will only be here short term. We need a rebuild. I fear it will be Rafael though because this club shoots itself in the foot constantly.

Rafael is in a hiding to nothing if he comes here. He’ll lose all the respect he gained for winning them the CL.

He really wouldn't. The vast majority of their fans have given him their blessing. They're thankful for the job he did there, but also say that he hasn't been a part of their club for a decade and are loving life under Klopp.

It's only us who haven't moved on.

He’s not slaying any sacred cows Dave, and has no intention of doing so.

He’s yet another mercenary who happens to live locally lining himself up for yet another pay day. This is simply an extension of his Shanghai jaunt.

The fact that he has insulted us directly before, yet has no shame in walking in through the doors as our manager speaks volumes about his attitude towards the whole charade.

Fortunately for him he has an incompetent billionaire paying his wages. He’ll stick around for a season and a bit leading us to between 9th-12th and then leave.
I dont want Benitez, but it seems that the logic behind going for him is in that wider struggle outlined.

Because he hasn't done anything of note in the last 10 years.
Because he plays dire negative football that coaches a decade ago promoted.
Now if you want additional reasons why he shouldn't be Everton manager ....I'm sorry but I don't have enough time.

I've already dispelled that myth that he hasn't achieved anything in the last 10 years. He's won 4 trophies. Created a legacy at Napoli and Newcastle and kept Dalian in their league for 2 seasons, finishing higher than they have in their history. Also remains an ambassador and advisor at their club.

He doesn't play dire negative football. That's been dispelled too. He plays fast counter attacking football, with a solid defensive core. At Napoli they called him a very attacking coach. At Newcastle he did what he could with the players at his disposal.

Coaches a decade ago promoted. Remind me again what Tuchel did this season.

Amazing how supposed Evertonians are saying they will attend home games to boo a person appointed by the club to manage the playing side of things

During my many decades of travelling to hone and away games to support Everton I have on occasions been unhappy with the performance of players and decisions made by the manager but never have I booed them and do you know why...it is because I am an Evertonian. Call yourselves Evertonians. I wonder
Having a pop at the fans are we? You might be a happy clapper but fans have the right to boo as and when they wish

Status
Not open for further replies.