New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've already dispelled that myth that he hasn't achieved anything in the last 10 years. He's won 4 trophies. Created a legacy at Napoli and Newcastle and kept Dalian in their league for 2 seasons, finishing higher than they have in their history. Also remains an ambassador and advisor at their club.

He doesn't play dire negative football. That's been dispelled too. He plays fast counter attacking football, with a solid defensive core. At Napoli they called him a very attacking coach. At Newcastle he did what he could with the players at his disposal.

Coaches a decade ago promoted. Remind me again what Tuchel did this season.

Hahahahahahhahah

Shut up Guillem

Inappropriate Behaviour
I've already dispelled that myth that he hasn't achieved anything in the last 10 years. He's won 4 trophies. Created a legacy at Napoli and Newcastle and kept Dalian in their league for 2 seasons, finishing higher than they have in their history. Also remains an ambassador and advisor at their club.

He doesn't play dire negative football. That's been dispelled too. He plays fast counter attacking football, with a solid defensive core. At Napoli they called him a very attacking coach. At Newcastle he did what he could with the players at his disposal.

4E6062C4-4553-41A0-919C-F54FEB1E4783.jpeg

Amazing how supposed Evertonians are saying they will attend home games to boo a person appointed by the club to manage the playing side of things

During my many decades of travelling to hone and away games to support Everton I have on occasions been unhappy with the performance of players and decisions made by the manager but never have I booed them and do you know why...it is because I am an Evertonian. Call yourselves Evertonians. I wonder

You're not a blue if you don't boo

It's in our DNA

In terms of stout defence over utter garbage, I never would have thought we'd have a Ricky Ryder equivalent for Benitez, yet here we are. GOT is a wonderful place.

I don’t think he should ever have been appointed because the only reason he came was because we offered him ever increasing amounts to join. Yes motivation is important.

look at Ancelotti to reinforce that point.

Needs to be someone who wants a challenge and to really test and push themselves because being honest we’re a shambles.

We’re a club who’s history and fan base say we should be challenging for the title and in the top 6 at minimum yearly. Yet we’ve had a “good“ season if we finish top half of the table is where we are.

Honestly thought that Carlo was here for just this, but obviously not.

The longing for Martinez on this place is embarassing. The guy was a joke manager. Relegated Wigan, stuck Lukaku on top of Moyes’ team to have a decent season, then decides he knew better and tore that team apart, two bottom half finishes when he had Stones Barkley Lukaku and the best full back pairing in the league. Not to mention the phenomenal 4-0s at Anfield, 6-2 at home to Chelsea, the 3-0 at Southampton where he didn’t make a sub. Turfing Besic off loads of times because he wanted to show to the fans he was in charge. Also bottling two semi finals that we’d got ourselves ahead in. To add to that almost every one of his transfers except Lukaku McCarthy and Barry were a joke.

Why does anyone want this clown back.

Spot on Mate

I'm surprised to some extent at the pursuit of Benitez. He ticks boxes on the footballing side, but is known as quite an aloof and contrary figure.

It runs contrary to the typical yes-man types previously sought after. Koeman was the only exception to that.

I'm not a particular fan of Benitez either, but I can see the appeal of relative stability on the pitch if not off it as something that's in his favour.

What we really need is energetic and engaged management, I'd question whether Benitez has the zeal and vigour for the scale of the task here, but they may consider it a plus that he would already be settled locally and could hit the ground running immediately with no family issues.
By all accounts Benitez has wanted the job for a long time so I suspect his agents have been pushing hard for it rather than Everton pursuing him necessarily. Clearly he wants a job in the north west and this is the only possibility for him. He’s not getting RS, Utd or City.

My view is we need someone on an upward trajectory who is driven to succeed. I don’t mind a young ambitious manager who wants to come here, take us to the next level and then see where that takes them after that. Who that is I don’t really know as I’m not an authority on such matters. That should be where Brands earns his money.

Steve Bruce is matching the job he did there on a quarter of the wages you boring man.

not normal this is it really.

I'm coming round to the view that as Benitez clearly seems to want this job badly, that this is an advantage. Koeman had to be "persuaded" and seemingly did it purely for the money. I see people mock him for "living close by" - but that's a valid motivating factor for the vast majority of people applying for any job. In fact, seeing as he's already a very wealthy man, I think that's a more attractive reason than, say, coming simply for the money. People want somebody to stick around for the long term. Well, I suspect Benitez is that man. He's integrated into the locale and he has a proven track record. He seems to be very keen on the job and he doesn't stand abusive owners like Mike Ashley or the fanatics running Liverpool. I could see him shaking up a very complacent club. In summary, his credentials are sound.

But then there is the emotion of an appointment. I tend to think decisions are best made without emotion, but that's just one perspective. On the football side, I have no objections to Benitez. To me, he seems the obvious choice. On the emotional side, however, he's every colour of wrong. I'm not sure hard-nosed businessmen care too much for emotion, but let's see how this pans out. Whoever comes in will have his work cut out, that's for sure.

Excellent post mate. And for the sake of making an unemotional appointment, if it makes more logical footballing sense than all other candidates, I'll be willing to settle for Benitez. If Benitez manages to win a derby in his 1st season, most fans would already move on.

Like, I'm a fairly open-minded person in general, so I won't lie and say that I think FSW would be horrible and he can 'koff. Because if he was appointed, I would still support Everton and I would still have a season ticket.

I also CBA generating a poisonous atmosphere before a ball is kicked, that's just daft. So, if it did happen, I would back him and be open to him doing a great job with us.

However, why the feck is Guillem Balague on here trying to sell him to a minority of the fanbase on a forum? Proper weird behavior that mate. Go write a puff piece article on Fabregas' greatest throw-ins or something... 'sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.