New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Mr Mosh…

Can I have a copy of the job description for the position previously vacated by Carlo please?…

I wouldn’t normally consider myself to be ‘in the running’, but it seems you’re considering offering the position to Benitez?…. So, ‘nothing ventured nothing gained‘ and all that…

Also, is it possible to have a copy of Mr Brands job description please?

I only ask because it would be good to know what my working relationship with him would be if I got the job?

I think I know what a D.O.F is supposed to do, but it would be good to know if you have a ‘different take‘ on this role?

A bit about me;

I’m 52, so (in managerial terms) not too old and not too young - but old enough to remember when we had passion, fight, played good football and won things
I’m not a kopite RS - unlike some on the shortlist
I’m not a big fan of brown shoes (even phenomenal ones)
I can run faster than most of our current squad
I’m pretty confident I won’t get poached by Real Madrid
My wage demands are modest, but I’d like Margot Robbie as my personal assistant please - there seems to be a lot of love for Amanda Holden within the fan base, so she‘ll do if Margot’s not available.

I think that’s about it, but just a closing thought about the current vacancy…. Did I mention I’m not an RS?
Brilliant

No to Martinez, Big Dunc, Nunes.

If the best option is Rafael then just get him in.
I will give him the benefit and see what he can do. Sometimes in life things just happen for a reason.
In the absence of a sensational coup by Moshiri - Simeone or Conte, for example - it appears to me that Benitez has, by far, the best record of the mentioned "candidates". I think it's entirely understandable that the club wants a man with a proven record of competence and success. However, if that is the overriding criteria, then they are definitely following a conservative approach as it works against up-and-coming managers of potential and favours older, arguably past it managers of experience and achievement. I am not saying they are wrong, but I would have preferred Ralf Rangnick as he also has a proven record of competence and success - and has the advantage of being a less divisive figure. Of course, if he came in, Brands would have to go, so this was never a serious runner.

It could be worse, we could be Spurs. You know you are through the looking glass when Jürgen Klinsmann is touting himself for the job live on the BBC.

I think so if some of our better players leave.
And they will leave given the opportunity if a lacklustre appointment is made. And the double whammy being that if an uninspired appointment is made, then what calibre of player would want to come to the basket case that we could be turning into.?

In the absence of a sensational coup by Moshiri - Simeone or Conte, for example - it appears to me that Benitez has, by far, the best record of the mentioned "candidates". I think it's entirely understandable that the club wants a man with a proven record of competence and success. However, if that is the overriding criteria, then they are definitely following a conservative approach as it works against up-and-coming managers of potential and favours older, arguably past it managers of experience and achievement. I am not saying they are wrong, but I would have preferred Ralf Rangnick as he also has a proven record of competence and success - and has the advantage of being a less divisive figure. Of course, if he came in, Brands would have to go, so this was never a serious runner.
Don't want Benítez and agree with most of your post except the over the hill comment. So many other variables as to why a manager has success or not. The Tinkerman got Leicester the title off the back of the run that kept them in the division,then faded,it's a lot to do with the squad you inherit,the money available,and taking over a club like City always helps. Benitez took over at Newcastle with too few games to save them but got them back at the first time of asking then walked because he was offered a lamp with a broken bulb. His history is impressive but still prefer Nuno of those realistically available.

Dear Mr Mosh…

Can I have a copy of the job description for the position previously vacated by Carlo please?…

I wouldn’t normally consider myself to be ‘in the running’, but it seems you’re considering offering the position to Benitez?…. So, ‘nothing ventured nothing gained‘ and all that…

Also, is it possible to have a copy of Mr Brands job description please?

I only ask because it would be good to know what my working relationship with him would be if I got the job?

I think I know what a D.O.F is supposed to do, but it would be good to know if you have a ‘different take‘ on this role?

A bit about me;

I’m 52, so (in managerial terms) not too old and not too young - but old enough to remember when we had passion, fight, played good football and won things
I’m not a kopite RS - unlike some on the shortlist
I’m not a big fan of brown shoes (even phenomenal ones)
I can run faster than most of our current squad
I’m pretty confident I won’t get poached by Real Madrid
My wage demands are modest, but I’d like Margot Robbie as my personal assistant please - there seems to be a lot of love for Amanda Holden within the fan base, so she‘ll do if Margot’s not available.

I think that’s about it, but just a closing thought about the current vacancy…. Did I mention I’m not an RS?
Where do you stand on retaining former players in your backroom team?

Where do you stand on retaining former players in your backroom team?

A fair question, but without being ‘on the inside’ it’s difficult to assess the impact said ‘former players’ have had other than through what I’ve seen from the team on the pitch.

With this in mind, the only ‘at arms length’ conclusion I can draw is that they appear to be part of the problem rather than part of the solution…

IMO Brands is collateral damage in all this. Moshiri has realised his mistake in bringing him in as a DoF and has shifted him out the way and neutralised him as a director...bringing him more within his fold. I don't believe for a minute that Brands is 'against' the Benitez move. He might want peace and quiet from the coaching staff but he's paid by the owner.
Dave this post makes the least sense of your litany of craziness when you consider that the said Moshiri gave him a new contract just a few weeks ago.

FWIW I can't stand the Architect either but there is zero evidence that Moshiri is sidelining him.

Moshiri is doing what Moshiri does and that is make all the major decisions himself.

Don't want Benítez and agree with most of your post except the over the hill comment. So many other variables as to why a manager has success or not. The Tinkerman got Leicester the title off the back of the run that kept them in the division,then faded,it's a lot to do with the squad you inherit,the money available,and taking over a club like City always helps. Benitez took over at Newcastle with too few games to save them but got them back at the first time of asking then walked because he was offered a lamp with a broken bulb. His history is impressive but still prefer Nuno of those realistically available.
I'm coming round to the view that as Benitez clearly seems to want this job badly, that this is an advantage. Koeman had to be "persuaded" and seemingly did it purely for the money. I see people mock him for "living close by" - but that's a valid motivating factor for the vast majority of people applying for any job. In fact, seeing as he's already a very wealthy man, I think that's a more attractive reason than, say, coming simply for the money. People want somebody to stick around for the long term. Well, I suspect Benitez is that man. He's integrated into the locale and he has a proven track record. He seems to be very keen on the job and he doesn't stand abusive owners like Mike Ashley or the fanatics running Liverpool. I could see him shaking up a very complacent club. In summary, his credentials are sound.

But then there is the emotion of an appointment. I tend to think decisions are best made without emotion, but that's just one perspective. On the football side, I have no objections to Benitez. To me, he seems the obvious choice. On the emotional side, however, he's every colour of wrong. I'm not sure hard-nosed businessmen care too much for emotion, but let's see how this pans out. Whoever comes in will have his work cut out, that's for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.