New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who cares who Spurs are talking to? They dropped themselves in it by sacking their manager 2 months ago. We were dropped in it without notice by Carlo the Rat, so ridicule and blame being showered on EFC by some others on this thread is inappropriate.

Lots of people just hate whatever the club does. They’ll just moan the opposite of whatever happens. If Spurs and Palace had moved quickly for Nuno and Benitez they’d be wailing that Everton were a shambles and weren’t quick enough. If we jump on someone quickly we haven’t followed a rigorous process, if we follow a rigorous process we’re just stalling to avoid paying wages.

It gets tiresome.

no he has no plan, no actual ideas - just throwing money at whoever pops into his head next.

that is the definition of negligence.
How do you know that, then you must know as well who the contenders for manager are?.
Who is going to get the job, how often they have been met, who else has been met and where ?

My guess is that you know none of this and therefore have no what processes have been involved in appointing anyone at the club

I wonder what role Brands is playing in this saga and how big or little his influence is?

People are of course entitled to their opinions but general sweeping statements without a shred of knowledge of what happens can hardly expect to be taken seriously.

Appointing Benitez would be as far from a safe and conservative appointment as you could get.
Even that he is still in consideration shows that management are prepared to take big risks to get the right man.

If he is the right man at the right time or the wrong man only time will tell....if appointed.

I think that management have decided that we are no longer the club that brings in a young manager and that he and the team will grow together.

They seem to want successful managers with a record of winning things.

Nuno would be somewhat of an exception to that but he does have a good Premiership record.....and it doesn't appear as if he is first choice or he would be manager by now....you would think.
They want managers who will keep us in the prem going into the new ground, it's all about the money .

Just hurry the feck up and make a decision.

Whether It’s Rafael or Nunes just make the call and get on with it!
no
I'd already bought a bottle of Nuno Vino to drown my sorrows if he was announced as our new manager.
View attachment 131052

Now Benitez is in the running, I wondered what suitable wine I could drown my sorrows with if he was announced. Decided this one would be perfect.
View attachment 131053
I don't like your second choice :mad:

Are you messing? I just listened to it and he literally said he was deeply concerned at him getting the job because of the fan reaction.

He certainly gave a positive assessment of his credentials - but his overall tone was that it won't work because of the fans
His only reservation was what other fans would think, he clearly wanted him and defended him repeatedly throughout.

Tells a different story on here. It's only when he spent £300mill and built a team of slugs where we struggled to win a game, is when his record at Southampton came into view.

The majority were more than happy him coming in over Martinez

The majority probably were happy, but a lot of people weren't:

I am getting sick of the search for the next manager.
I am at the point where I think thee is only one guy for the job, Duncan Fergusson.

Everton want to be very careful.
If Moshri doesn't get his own way he will throw his dummy out of his pram, and take his money out of Everton.
I live in Hull and I am looking at Hull City's chairman and because Hull City were unwilling to change their name to Hull Tiger he threw his dummy out of his pram, drspiteHull Cit's nickname is The Tigers.
He takes money from the club when they are given it by the FA.
Hull City's chairman also takes more money by selling the best players.

I think we need to get rid of Moshri asap.

Appointing Benitez would be as far from a safe and conservative appointment as you could get.
Even that he is still in consideration shows that management are prepared to take big risks to get the right man.

If he is the right man at the right time or the wrong man only time will tell....if appointed.

I think that management have decided that we are no longer the club that brings in a young manager and that he and the team will grow together.

They seem to want successful managers with a record of winning things.

Nuno would be somewhat of an exception to that but he does have a good Premiership record.....and it doesn't appear as if he is first choice or he would be manager by now....you would think.

Hodgson, Ranieri, Terim, Advocaat, Pellegrini all in their late 60s/70s all done a great job this past season.

Gasperini - 63
Sampaoli - 61
Gasset - 67
Bielsa - 65
Santos - 66
Low - 61

I must admit I have just backed some long range outsiders. Got Dyche early on at 45's, Galtier at 30's. Took some of Martinez's at 28's and did Duncan last night at 28's. While none are favourites if they move away from Benitez/Nuno I think I've got plenty of value there (Dyche aside). If there's no announcement by tomorrow evening I may well do a little bit on Ten Haag and Garcia at 33's. I also think if Potter drifts some more from 25's he's worth a bit of a punt.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210619-111420_WhatsApp.jpg
    Screenshot_20210619-111420_WhatsApp.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 42

Status
Not open for further replies.