New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

This club is the most baffling thing in the world to me. I cannot fathom it's going to be Benitez, just like people are saying "well, who ELSE is out there??"

Hundreds. There are HUNDREDS of other manages out there. Are most in other jobs? Sure. Has that EVER stopped Everton before? No. So why the absolute feck would this club decide that their choice has to come down to only people who are unemployed?

Honestly? I think its is 100% the worst appointment the club could make. Its not even because of him as such.

I do not think he is a relevant manager in 2021 but that's by the by. A manager, any manager, needs to be given a chance to succeed and he absolutely will not be given that chance. This would also apply to Moyes and Martinez as they were linked. Their cards are already marked. I don't think that's a particularily outlandish thing to say either?

As for the "no marks". Every manager has to build up a career. The likes of Potter, Howe, Nuno etc may have worked, we will never know. All of them have ability but all of them come with a risk, every manager does really but honestly Benitez will be doomed from the get go. He has got absolutely no chance.
"A manager, any manager, needs to be given a chance to succeed and he absolutely will not be given that chance." This is it in a nutshell. It's almost like people can't remember what happened when Graham took the Spurs job, he was given no leeway and it was a complete disaster. If Beneathus comes, it will be exactly the same.

The sooner fans realise its just a job for players and managers the better it will be for everyone.

Wayne boyhood blue Rooney left us for the club who sing feed the scousers

Ross I love Everton Barkley screwing the club out of £20 million and shaving off his EFC tattoo

Carlo I love Crosby Ancelotti doing a runner at the first opportunity.

Benitez or Nuno - both underwhelming but at least Benitez has trophies under his belt.

Roberto Martinez was the Architect of our fall from grace post Moyes and should never be welcome back here.
Yup, people put these guys on pedestals, but they are all hard-bitten professionals, playing the game.

I don't want our new manager or any of our players to "get us". I just want them to win football matches. That'll do me, and that and that alone is what I'll judge them on.

Is it just me but don't you normally get the job offer before sort of announcing you expect to get one?

The language being used in these reports certainly leaves room for ambiguity and wriggle room.

There's a big possibility this is being briefed by Benitez friendly media. When the job became available the support for Benitez from certain people in the media was obvious. They made a big push for it early doors.

Not me, I'm taking a break. Everton have really taken the mick this time, I can't remember the last time they brought me any pleasure at all. 40 years of this crap. Maybe absence will make the heart grow fonder, maybe

Is it just me but don't you normally get the job offer before sort of announcing you expect to get one?

The language being used in these reports certainly leaves room for ambiguity and wriggle room.
Very true, weird wording.

Status
Not open for further replies.