New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

After recent managerial treachery and decades of administrative ineptness the supporter volatility is at a crescendo , bringing in a despised figure would lead to an inevitable calamity and just reinforce the obliviousness and senselessness of Moshiri. Also I know nobody gives a toss of Benitez's perspective but how desperate or just daft would he have to be to accept a position where such rife hostility is awaiting him. Yeah he went to Chelsea but this scenario is on another scale of magnitude , it's like a Christian during roman times intentionally choosing to go the Colosseum, it's not going to end well.

After recent managerial treachery and decades of administrative ineptness the supporter volatility is at a crescendo , bringing in a despised figure would lead to an inevitable calamity and just reinforce the obliviousness and senselessness of Moshiri. Also I know nobody gives a toss of Benitez's perspective but how desperate or just daft would he have to be to accept a position where such rife hostility is awaiting him. Yeah he went to Chelsea but this scenario is on another scale of magnitude , it's like a Christian during roman times intentionally choosing to go the Colosseum, it's not going to end well.
Is this your post or part of your English degree dissertation?

I like to think that Moshiri has trapped Galtier in his lair and keeps asking him to join Everton, but not knowing any English keeps replying, "Nice!"

Farhad then profers an ever increasing number on a contract to which he gets refused.

Moshiri cannot understand the mixed messages. One of them will break soon.

Parklife

I like to think that Moshiri has trapped Galtier in his lair and keeps asking him to join Everton, but not knowing any English keeps replying, "Nice!"

Farhad then profers an ever increasing number on a contract to which he gets refused.

Moshiri cannot understand the mixed messages. One of them will break soon.

Surprisingly arousing this :blush:

That's the implied threat, but the reality is, if we are willing to appoint him and he is willing to accept, then it would be a storm in a teacup and no worse than many other candidates. If we were top 5 in November playing decent footy and looking difficult to beat, people would start to get behind it, and those that don't would be plotting against virtually anyone we appoint.

In terms of recent managerial treachery and decades of administrative ineptness, I would argue that all of that will have only helped. It's the boy who cried wolf. We would obviously have some angry reactions, but in real terms, if there is a plan, we should believe in it and follow it.

It's got to a point where if there is so much opposition to every choice, than an option that is perhaps a little less palatable can become less so. In other words, it's the "damned if you don't, damned if you do" scenario.

Gaultier seems like the popular choice based on some impressive achievements in France, but that is our perspective, not his. I'd love us to sign Kevin De Bruyne, think he'd be a huge upgrade on Sigurdsson. Persuading him to come here is another thing altogether.

After Gaultier, it's the untested (Ferguson), the previously failed (Martinez), the boring free agent (Nuno), the uninspired gamble from a smaller team (Potter) the former rival (Benitez) and the fantasy picks we don't really have a chance of persuading and even if we did, we'd be waiting to get shafted (Conte).

The romantic in me would love it be Ferguson and for it to be an unrivaled success. Another part of me would love it to be Martinez and for him to prove all his doubters wrong. Out of the remaining names, only Benitez carries any real weight (pardon the pun).

But whoever it is, I will get behind them and give them my support.

Unless its Gerrard.

Status
Not open for further replies.