New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The Daily Mail claim Everton talks with Nuno Espirito Santo are continuing with discussions being held over his backroom team.

Nuno worked for the long-term with six staff members at Wolverhampton Wanderers, including an assistant manager and goalkeeping coach, which Everton currently have in the form of Duncan Ferguson and Alan Kelly respectively."

So the holdup is basically because Moshiri & Brands are still mulling over exactly how to break the news to Big Dunc?

They're just about to make an unpopular appointment even more unpopular..

Speak for yourself.

I love Big Dunc but I'd guess it depends what his future ambitions are. If it is to manage Everton I'd much rather he went and cut his teeth elsewhere. If it is just to work at Everton then get him involved with the academy, U23s as well as working with strikers in the first team if that is what he wants to do. Hopefully Nuno and his entourage will work well together for us.

That's not a fact, its an opinion!

A good manager adapts to the players he has got and acts accordingly. Something which I'm not sure Ancelotti did here actually.

Or if he did at first he soon got tired of it, when the injuries and the small squad kicked in. Can we even trust the Hollywood manager scenario now ? Great at first, " we've got Ancelotti ", only trouble was when the big club came calling, off he popped and tbh, after the initial 6 weeks, on the whole the football was appalling, a team unable to pass to each other, to hold possession, survival football. We lived on the promise of new experienced star players, short term success is quite a bit of a carrot for a success starved club like ours, we now know how it ended, actually puts me off trying for another Hollywood manager, tempted by an incredible salary...with the CL get out of jail free clauses inserted. People will say don't put that clause in, but I highly doubt any world class manager would come without it.
My main choice for manager was Galtier and I'll admit I've never saw one of his team's play, but I was impressed with his winning background, winning the title over PSG and their billions and superstar players, a fantastic achievement initself. Apparently Galtier has already given his word to Nice, have we even been in for him ? Who knows, Conte ? No chance for the Ancelotti reasons alone, plus the fact has he even heard of us, would he even be tempted, I highly doubt it. Benitez, not really, his background, comments about our club, didn't do much but complain at Newcastle, then swanned off to China for a nice salary for a couple of years, reputation fast disappearing. Moyes no, going backwards really and would he even leave WHU ? Got them in Europe, plus he burnt a few bridges when he left. Rangnick hasn't managed a club for five years so no.
So I've chosen Nuno, why attainable, premier league experience, done a decent job with Wolves, took them from the Championship to two seventh place finishes, in Europe two out of three years, no mean feat in itself. Nuno has good contacts can talk six languages, which will maybe convince some of the Ancelotti SA signings to stay here. Wolves have made some really good signings, Jota, Netto, Patricio, Jiminez to name a few, he has created a decent squad there, has done well. If Nuno can get us regular European football then maybe we can progress to the next level with Moshiri's millions behind them.
Finally sorry for the long post but someone asked the "Nuno supporters" on here why did you pick him, well I've said why and also why not. Expect the usual glib abuse of the usual hip posters, but their both on ignore so I don't care, they ask you questions and just sneer responses and then when they have no answer ignore you, so I've done the same. Orly, Nsnochris keep me on ignore.

If it's Nuno, this is just about timing from a PR perspective.

They wont want to be competing with the England v Scotland build up or aftermath, so either before Thursday morning or Sunday onward into early next week would be the time to do it. Friday and Saturday are out.

They wont want to be competing with the England v Scotland build up or aftermath, so either before Thursday morning or Sunday onward into early next week would be the time to do it. Friday and Saturday are out.
I think the polar opposite Dave.
I suspect Friday will be a good day to bury bad news.

We're a confused football club. Manager-wise it could not be more diverse. Allardyce or Ancelotti. Koeman or Silva.

Our ambition should be the best, to find a winner, and we should be aiming for top spot whether realistic or not. Being realistic we're a mid table club not a top club so getting the best is not really going to happen.

I'd rather we hired someone that can build, a David Moyes 2002 even a Howard Kendall 1981.

As for Santo and his jobs for the boys, I realise managers have assistants we had this with Koeman, Allardyce, Ancelotti probably the others. What happened to just hiring a manager and then he gets a right hand man?

Can understand some disillusionment and underwhelm regarding the appointment.

Clearly some people will not support him and others will reserve judgement.

I see it as showing some goodwill towards the new manager. He will have a mammoth task here so surely he can start in the job with at least that?

He isn't who I would choose but he is hardly a complete novice or numpty. It's not ideal but the circumstances were not ideal either.

The sooner they announce it the better, and things can settle down a tad.

"We can't announce a transfer because of the attack in France"

Honestly, this is the kind of appointment you DO make during the Euros because everyone is "distracted" (as you put it) anyways. Completely uninspiring but par for the course for this club. Love how is taking them 2 weeks to appoint an unemployed manager that another club about 5 places below us walked away from.

Status
Not open for further replies.