New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nobody would care about Mendes if he was bringing Pep for example.

People say they’re worried but they’re just moving their concerns from a below par manager to a super agent.

Terrible appointment this, just say it as it is

Hold on, after his first two seasons in the PL with Wolves almost every other club outside the 'top 6' would have been happy to have him. They played good counter attacking football.

What people like you are doing is emphasising his final season just because you want a Mancini or Galtier or some other out of reach manager.
Counter attacking football is one of my favourite styles so if he wants to implement that at Everton it means replacing the entire midfield, infact the only midfielder we have that would fit into a counter attack system is Iwobi and perhaps he'd come good in that system. But Allan Gomes gilfi James davies are all far too slow for such a style.. Doucs could stay but in a more defensive role. Huge work needed in the mid if he's to change to counter attack.

No, I'm analyzing it in a larger context. Both Valencia and Porto fans were unhappy with the way they played football. Nuno has failed throughout his career when he tried to play more attacking football. The two seasons in Wolves can be seen as outliers, and it was not exactly "champagne football" either. Who are our Traore, Neto, Jota, and Raul. We do not have these types of players”.
He will buy players. And you say who is our Traore like we haven’t got one...... Iwobi.

Disagree. Then you mean players like Richarlison, DCL, Allan and AD are unfit to play this type of football. By the way, this is Allan's signature, to win the ball high on the field again.

Well, googled it, and found the following descriptions: "No shots on target", "boring and predictable", etc.
Takes eleven on the pitch to play high energy high press,we buying seven or eight this Summer? As for Valencia,I was at the games,Google is misleading you.

People say they’re worried but they’re just moving their concerns from a below par manager to a super agent.

How is it a terrible appointment? I'm hardly excited by it but that's a massive overreaction

Counter attacking football is one of my favourite styles so if he wants to implement that at Everton it means replacing the entire midfield, infact the only midfielder we have that would fit into a counter attack system is Iwobi and perhaps he'd come good in that system. But Allan Gomes gilfi James davies are all far too slow for such a style.. Doucs could stay but in a more defensive role. Huge work needed in the mid if he's to change to counter attack.
...and he'll do that if hired.

You normally give a manager a season to say if he's terrible or not. Seemingly now it's based on the length of beard.

Since when was counterattacking football a bad thing? It’s Klopp’s go to style, United play it, Chelsea switch to it against big opponents, Dortmund have played that way for ages.

You need a ridiculous amount of quality to play football that dominates the opponent and keeps you permanently on the front foot. Maybe City Bayern Madrid can play that way, but without their quality we are more likely to end up like Brighton almost getting relegated playing a way they’re not good enough to carry out.

After watching us since Martinez’s first season, I’d back any manager that can implement any style of football effectively other than slow shuffling crab like nothingness which we’ve had for years.

Takes eleven on the pitch to play high energy high press,we buying seven or eight this Summer? As for Valencia,I was at the games,Google is misleading you.

Yes, there are 11 players on each team on a football field. It is actually not very difficult to coordinate a high pressure when you are the boss of a bunch of top athletes. There are many ways to do this, and there are actually teams with far worse players than us who do this quite well.

Since when was counterattacking football a bad thing? It’s Klopp’s go to style, United play it, Chelsea switch to it against big opponents, Dortmund have played that way for ages.

You need a ridiculous amount of quality to play football that dominates the opponent and keeps you permanently on the front foot. Maybe City Bayern Madrid can play that way, but without their quality we are more likely to end up like Brighton almost getting relegated playing a way they’re not good enough to carry out.

After watching us since Martinez’s first season, I’d back any manager that can implement any style of football effectively other than slow shuffling crab like nothingness which we’ve had for years.

Unfortunately this is Nuno’s go-to style of football and not high energy, high pressing counter attacking that you’re describing the likes of Klopp and Tuchel using.

With nuno we will have a identity and philosophy. DCl, Richie, doucs, already have pace and power to play counter attack. Sign a right winger with pace and end product we are going in the right direction.

It’s entirely subjective which overarching style of football a person prefers to watch.
I am not a fan of counter -attacking or overly defensive football.
Others no doubt enjoy it.

Martinez will win the Euros with Belgium then make a glorious return to Everton, return all his compo money, and bring Lukaku back with him. He'll have a great first season, take the league title easily with scintillating football, then at the start of his second season he'll lose 6-0 to Chelsea at home and it will all be downhill from there. Sound vaguely familiar?
I’d take that.

Status
Not open for further replies.