New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolves fan here... You lot are seriously underestimating Nuno... His first 3 seasons were incredible, and this last season he had an awful lot of bad luck with injuries and didn’t get the signings he deserved. He developed an AMAZING affinity with the fan base and the area. I’m confident he’ll do a good job with you.

I’m coming round to the lack of emotion of the whole thing. We just hired a manager who the entire fan base was behind and he took a dump on us. Maybe it’s time for a less emotional bloke to just get to work on shifting out some of the rubbish in this squad.

Lots of disappointment on here tonight, I'm not surprised, this is the Alex Iwobi of managerial signings. Unambitious and lazy scouting.

However, in Nuno's defence (cos somebody oughta):

– He is a nice guy with a very likeable personality
– This is a massive step up for him and will be eager to prove himself
– He did well with Wolves, up til last season when he lost their only proper striker
– Wolves fans I know were sad to see him go, but appreciated things had gone stale. They played great football at times apparently.
– He has close ties with Jorge Mendes, who might squirrel away a young Portuguese winger for us
– Unlike Conte and any higher profile manager (including that rat Ancelotti), he's more likely to stick around and build something with us

On the whole though, this is pretty underwhelming, but at least it's not Graham Potter or Eddie Howe.
Potter at least has upside. Pretty sure this is where Nuno is.

Hope it isn't true. It would be the most Everton thing they could do hiring the manager of probably the only team that were worse than us last season. That is what happens when a billionaire who knows nothing about football is allowed to make footballing decisions. Another 18 months of defensive crap and then restart again that is assuming he lasts that long.

Hopefully the reports are wrong. Man i hope so because i am so underwhelmed and disappointed just thinking about it.
If crowds are allowed back into the stadiums he won't last the season

Status
Not open for further replies.