New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Properly have my heart set on Galtier having read up on him - he's literally everything we need in a manager. Takes underperforming teams and completely changes their fortunes, stays for long term projects (only managed two teams), good at developing youth, tactically astute, great motivator.

There's no doubt about it, I'm ready to get hurt again.
I've read nothing about him and am firmly against his appointment for the sole reason everyone l ever want never gets hired.

I have a strong gut feeling that our next manager is currently fully focused on the European Championships. There are two contenders in my book, and I’d take either of them above every name I’ve heard touted thus far. Either of the Roberto’s have the personality to come in and lift players and supporters with good football.
If it’s really a project you need somebody with a certain skill set to come in and be fully focussed on improvement all across the Club.

RM incoming.
I was thinking about Mancini but then saw this

I wouldn't renew if it ended up being Benitez.

I'm quite certain it won't be, though.
I understand that. However do you have any RS mates ??????????????????? Half my mates that I grew up with are RS. These are some of my best mates who would do anything for me (and vice versa) at the drop of a hat. Will they rib me if we got Rafael yeah of course they would .Would it stop me following or renewing my season ticket ... my answer would be NO. The club is bigger than any manager and any player in my heart.

What’s the opinion on Conte
I would take him but ....
I doubt he will build a team over 3 or 4 seasons
He might do a Carlo if a big club flashes their ankles at him
There again he is a Hollywood manager for Moshiri
I hope Brands does the hiring this time
I think its time we think outside the box for this one
Brilliant though he is, he's just about the most demanding manager around when it comes to transfers.

Everton wouldn't be able to satisfy him. He'd walk before the season was out.

I find myself cheering for Bobby out of that lot purely because he’s a nice guy and clearly has affection for the club. Galtier sounds exciting and I’d be all for it but Rafael.... I wouldn’t exactly stop supporting Everton but it wouldn’t make it any easier for sure.

Nonsense! 25% with Brighton is perhaps not worth than 40% with Everton or 80% with Madrid. Look at the football played, the progression of the team, the team spirit, the idea behind of what you see on the pitch. Then you can see what the future will give you. With the pensioners kind of football the future looked bleak. Believe me, he did know it. The man is a fraud but stupid he isnt.
I am glad the pensioner is gone, we were crud the full 2nd half of the season and he definitely knew what he was doing getting out of it.

That football played under Potter you mention i.e the progression of the team, the team spirit and the idea of what you see on the pitch lead to winning 22 games out of 85 with 34 losses which lets be honest is absolutely abysmal.

Some blues seem to be ok with that, but i am definitely not one of them.

I have a strong gut feeling that our next manager is currently fully focused on the European Championships. There are two contenders in my book, and I’d take either of them above every name I’ve heard touted thus far. Either of the Roberto’s have the personality to come in and lift players and supporters with good football.
If it’s really a project you need somebody with a certain skill set to come in and be fully focussed on improvement all across the Club.

RM incoming.
I wouidnt wavy Martinez anywhere near the club. Could you really put up with his interviews again. Saying how could we’ve been after getting battered 3-0. And I can’t see how Moshiri agree to Martinez after sacking him once before

If the club are gauging what fans think at all they will know what moyes, Rafael , martinez and howe will totally split the fan base .
Nuno and Potter would be accepted but would need to get off to a good start. Galtier if he is an option seems popular.
But appointing any of the first 4 mentioned will be a huge mistake.
Of the first 4, Benitez would be by far the one who would would feel the most hostility from the fan base, no question. And rightfully so.

If the club are gauging what fans think at all they will know what moyes, Rafael , martinez and howe will totally split the fan base .
Nuno and Potter would be accepted but would need to get off to a good start. Galtier if he is an option seems popular.
I think potter will get more time than Nuno, just based on his style. If you’re playing boring negative football, you need results pretty sharpish

I'm not sure anyone so far is overwhelmingly popular. I'm not sure Moshiri cares too much about what the fans think, though. He did hire Big Sam after all. Maybe he takes the Eddie Charlton approach to these things: "What will the fans think? [Poor language removed] the fans!" :)

Status
Not open for further replies.