New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I guarantee you we never. He deffo had something in his contract. That went wayyyy to smoothly in such a short time for their to have been issues with his contract and compensation.
Madrid has had a policy for awhile now of just paying what people ask for players so it wouldn't surprise me if that happened here too.

Yeah no chance with Conte, the Juventus DoF is going in at Spurs, I think it is hoped he can change Conte`s mind. No way he would choose us over Spurs, in the last decade they`ve just gone up whereas we have stagnated and gone backwards! Much bigger club than us in terms of stadium, turnover and player/manager attraction.

Sad when you consider they were on a level playing field with us not so long ago....
And of course spurs are in London, always an attraction for foreigners.
(am I allowed to call them that?)

The thing is though Dave, he's surely got to be given a go at some point, seeing as he's been kept around for so long. Otherwise, what has the point been?

I'd give him a go for 12 months. He can have £2million. That leaves us with an unexpected extra £10 million to play with. Something I've not really seen mentioned. - the best way to use Carlo's £12m p/a.

If it didn't work, his time at Everton would be done. No easy way back on to the coaching staff after you've managed a team, you'd think (and yes I'm aware of what happened with Harvey.)

So yeah, give him a go, imo. Either that, or Emery (not seen him mentioned) or Moyes as the 3rd choice. I can't decide if Benitez would be wise.
I dont see that there's a necessary relationship between assistant manager and manager. The belief for some is that the assistant is being brought through to be manager. That might have been the case in times gone by, but for PL club's with ambition it really isn't - and hasn't for a long time been the case.

IMO he's damaged goods. If you're so close to the top of an organisation and see it fail for years then the duty of owners is to sweep clean, because the new management team has to have a free hand.

If DF wants to manage, let him go out and prove he can do it...just like Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard etc had to.

What's his record like ?e of the Searchers.

Hats off to @jayonenote coming in strong for the ITK crown.
giphy.gif

I dont see that there's a necessary relationship between assistant manager and manager. The belief for some is that the assistant is being brought through to be manager. That might have been the case in times gone by, but for PL club's with ambition it really isn't - and hasn't for a long time been the case.

IMO he's damaged goods. If you're so close to the top of an organisation and see it fail for years then the duty of owners is to sweep clean, because the new management team has to have a free hand.

If DF wants to manage, let him go out and prove he can do it...just like Rooney, Gerrard, Lampard etc had to.
He has to go and cut his cloth elsewhere. If he starts smashing the lower leagues and gaining promotion with a team............then we can look towards him.

Status
Not open for further replies.