New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's this sort of thinking that has ended up with us being lumbered with so many problems the last few years. There is a lot of money at stake. A week or two, a month of checking all things out and under current circumstances making the best decision we possibly can (and there is a lot of risk taking but that's just how it is in this industry), is crucial.

You missed the point. But being American I would expect that.
If we appoint Nuno then it’s a clear indicator that we HAVEN’T took time to make the best decision we possibly can.

I haven't watched any Lille matches. None. Galtier won Ligue 1 so he obviously has something but I can't help feeling that I want him in because he's foreign and gas a class name. Are Lille exciting? I've watched a lot of Wolves and Brighton(Swansea previously) and for me Potter would be great, especially with a few extra shillings behind him. Surely we can just see the funny side of his name and admit that at this stage even a Goblet of Fire would be a welcome trophy

We know they've produced f.a. from the academy of late; we know that they've been part and parcel of the last 4/5 failed regimes.

I mean, what assistant manager serves under 5 different managers - as Ferguson has - and retains their job? It's ludicrous this job for life he apparently has.

I'm by no means anti-Ferguson like you (he was a hero to me as a kid in the 90's) and think he is actually a good coach, a clear communicator who has presence. However I can see it's a fair question to say, after 5 different appointments, he should really go and get a job elsewhere if he wants to manage Everton long term. If he's happy bumbling around in the background fine, but if he wants to manage the club, I'm not sure what else he can learn doing what he's doing.

If I was him, I would say to the club either give me the job, I've worked under 5 different managers and believe I can offer x, or if you don't think I'm capable let me know and I'll go and prove to you I am.

Potter just hasn't shown enough to get the job for me, yet. Clearly promising coach and plays nice footy. But 15th and 16th in the league don't inspire. Also I know this is judging a book by its cover but he looks too nice this squad would take the pee straight away.

E4F1F300-1186-4B7B-8D29-893D4BBAF187.jpeg

Them managers didn’t have to just keep them afloat obviously passing about
And keeping Brighton up

I mean he’s class let’s lower ourselves and get him in

I've read it 3 or 4 times now and I still can't understand what your point is. Not trying to be rude, I just don't grasp it.

Poch had Espanyol bottom of the league. He had been expected to keep them in the league. He was sacked. Southampton decided there was a risk worth taking on him despite that based on what they'd seen.

Klopp got Mainz promoted, kept them up for a few years and then got them relegated and couldn't get them back up. Dortmund saw something in him which convinced them to appoint him.

By your logic on Potter,they shouldn't have appointed them in the first place?

I agree with the sentiments on Ferguson that he should get out of his comfort zone and take on a team elsewhere and work his way up.

He can't shoulder the blame for a succession of failed regimes but he is a common denominator in all of them.

That must dilute whatever added value and/or positivity he contributes in the mind of players, some of them, at least will think like us.

I remember hearing once in a business context that there was absolutely nothing to be gained in consistent failure, and unfortunately I have come to associate Ferguson with that also.

I've read it 3 or 4 times now and I still can't understand what your point is. Not trying to be rude, I just don't grasp it.

Poch had Espanyol bottom of the league. He had been expected to keep them in the league. He was sacked. Southampton decided there was a risk worth taking on him despite that based on what they'd seen.

Klopp got Mainz promoted, kept them up for a few years and then got them relegated and couldn't get them back up. Dortmund saw something in him which convinced them to appoint him.

By your logic on Potter,they shouldn't have appointed them in the first place?

Correct, not only that but Southampton sacked Nigel Adkins and cleared the decks to make way for Pochettino. It was seen as very harsh on Adkins who took them up and was generally regarded as doing a decent job.

You have to admire that confidence and assuredness in thinking. Something we sorely lack.

Give it to Van Gaal for 1-2 seasons then Dunc/Rooney are ready lol.
Van Gaal once said to a journo: Am i so clever or are you so stupid lol ?
We will talk some sense in our under performing squad for sure !!!

He's nearly 70 and officially retired now for 2 years, makker
Got lucky with some of the best Ajax players of a generation (Van der Sar, Kluivert, Bergkamp, de Boer, Overmars, etc)
Arrogant disciplinarian. I can just see our under-performing little darlings warming to him

I haven't watched any Lille matches. None. Galtier won Ligue 1 so he obviously has something but I can't help feeling that I want him in because he's foreign and gas a class name. Are Lille exciting? I've watched a lot of Wolves and Brighton(Swansea previously) and for me Potter would be great, especially with a few extra shillings behind him. Surely we can just see the funny side of his name and admit that at this stage even a Goblet of Fire would be a welcome trophy
But what makes you so sure we aren't going to be languishing in the bottom half if Potter takes over? It's a gamble when he hasn't really improved Brighton's results, their style of play yes but I need more to go on...He ticks the box of young progressive coach who can implement a system and work with a dof but a 25% win rate doesn't suggest (yet) that he can get us competing for Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.