New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
…what a difference a day makes. Yesterday morning NES was odds-on favourite & he’s now available at 16-1. Potter is now top of the market but the big mover has been Galtier, now 2nd favourite after being available at 25-1 last night.

Until we get something from the club or a candidate, price changes are likely to be based on rumour and wagers. Blue means a price is contracting, red means odds are getting bigger, the bookies appear to have no idea what’s going on.

View attachment 129953

Genuinely convinced no one has a clue.

They all had Nuno at odds on favourite yesterday, when it was looking more and more likely he was going to Palace.

It’s absolutely no shock to see A new manager linked as soon as Nuno was effectivelly gone.

For me, I felt like someone like Potter or Howe would drown managing a club of our size. I think all the managers we've had (at least since Martinez) have seemed overawed at the scale of the job and club - even Ancelotti. And by that, I know that he has managed clubs far bigger than us, but I get the impression he thought it'd be a smaller club than it is.

Marco Silva seemed completely out of his depth. However, I do rate Potter (whereas I don't rate Howe at all) and believe that he has the ability and nous to go right to the top - but everyone has to start somewhere. Guardiola is amazing but his first job was Barca, then Bayern, then City. If you start at the bottom and want to play good football and be a bit different, your task is considerably harder to achieve. But If you start at the bottom, it can really focus and improve you, and if we apply that logic to players like Godfrey, why not to managers?

What Potter did with Osterlund was amazing. I was hugely impressed by his Swansea team and generally like watching Brighton. But I feel like we are in such a mess that my no.1 choice has always been Galtier, followed by Rangnick, followed for Favre because they build and have plenty of experience.

However, the more I think about it, the more I warm to the idea of Potter (although not above the previous 3). I think that most of my fears with him stem from the fact the squad is awful, the club is badly run behind the scenes and that I don't have full confidence in Brands. I feel a manager who has never held a post of this size before may be overwhelmed if those things are not in place for him. However, at some point I feel like we are just going to have to place our trust in Brands and ensure we get a good coach in - which Potter is.

What I would say though is that, if we appoint Potter and it all goes wrong, equal share of the blame has to go to Brands. If they appoint a coach like Potter, the club need to bend over backwards to support him in every other way, otherwise it will be a disaster. But I came to the conclusion that that feeling of unease isn't really a reflection on Potter's ability.
Great post. I would not mind Potter at all. He has a clear idea of the kind of attacking/possession football that he wants to play. Whenever I have seen Brighton play they have always looked like a team that could score and would create chances no matter who the opposition was. Conte is the top name, but wherever he goes he leaves chaos. He will always see himself as being better than the club. Someone like Potter would not.

Graham f*****g Potter - I feel like giving up on Everton completely. Not easy to suddenly switch off a lifetime worths of allegiance as it's part of me now, but they're making me feel like making a huge attempt to do so.

Look back in our history to when we appointed the then Norwich boss Mike Walker. Norwich had become a decent footballing outfit but were still a small time club who had overachieved. Mike became possibly the worst manager we ever had before the axe came down and Joe Royle came in (I think).

Graham Potter has all the credentials to be this century's Mike Walker.

Start going to Haigh Avenue again and watch Southport - be in the same league in a decade anyway

it’s madness some actually want him honestly

Graham f*****g Potter - I feel like giving up on Everton completely. Not easy to suddenly switch off a lifetime worths of allegiance as it's part of me now, but they're making me feel like making a huge attempt to do so.

Look back in our history to when we appointed the then Norwich boss Mike Walker. Norwich had become a decent footballing outfit but were still a small time club who had overachieved. Mike became possibly the worst manager we ever had before the axe came down and Joe Royle came in (I think).

Graham Potter has all the credentials to be this century's Mike Walker.

Start going to Haigh Avenue again and watch Southport - be in the same league in a decade anyway

There is actualy very little comparison between mike walker and potter other than they come from a smaller club. And if we're going to go down that road kendall and moyes would never have got jobs here.

Genuinely convinced no one has a clue.

They all had Nuno at odds on favourite yesterday, when it was looking more and more likely he was going to Palace.

It’s absolutely no shock to see A new manager linked as soon as Nuno was effectivelly gone.
They don't have a clue mate, they're reading twitter snippets like the rest of us. I mean even the Galtier links have come from his DoF saying he would be a good fit for us but that doesn't mean we want him.

Status
Not open for further replies.