New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
RM back without getting rid of the clique of coaches - some of whom who got him sacked first time around - is not a great idea.

It sounds like Moshiri recognises his mistake and wants to rectify it, but Roberto is really not for this club now.
Easier and cheaper to sack a few coaches than a new manager. If he was appointed, I'm sure, if what you're saying is true, that RM could say to Brands he wants certain coaches gone

I wouldn't give Potter the job based on his time with Ostersund alone, but his achievement there was spectacular. To turn that side into repeat league winners and into the knockout stage of the Europa League is no mean feat at all. Their group contained Galatasaray and Bilbao.

Koeman embarrassed us in the same competition.

I'd like him to have done a bit more at Brighton, just a bit, but they haven't got the cheque book out at all there much, and he has put a very solid foundation in place.

What's important for me is potential, and he has that. It's a case of being given an opportunity to show what he can do with it.
Not really got a favourite in the race, but I wouldn't discount him at all , nice brand of football, knows the prem, are team, and looking to make a name for himself .

I wouldn't give Potter the job based on his time with Ostersund alone, but his achievement there was spectacular. To turn that side into repeat league winners and into the knockout stage of the Europa League is no mean feat at all. Their group contained Galatasaray and Bilbao.

I'd like him to have done a bit more at Brighton, just a bit, but they haven't got the cheque book out at all there much, and he has put a very solid foundation in place.

What's important for me is potential, and he has that. It's a case of being given an opportunity to show what he can do with it.
One thing in his favour is his team are good on the eye.Too many times watching Everton theses last few seasons has been excruciatingly painful.

Full disclaimer is I always really liked Martinez as a person and wanted him to succeed, but it went chaotically wrong at the end. It's strange though, that probably seeing 3 or 4 have a go at it, with a lot more money and really not make a massive success have probably shifted views on some of the ex managers a bit.

It was interesting to listen to Prentice on the Echo podcast, and Prentice is by no means a Martinez supporter, but he did state that Martinez bought some fantastic players to the club including Lukaku.

The one thing I would say for Martinez and Moyes, who operated on a shoe string compared to whats followed, is both would make the money we have stretch a fair bit further than it is. I don't know if it would get us over the line, but the in thing seems to be to bring players in develop them, and sell them on, and we did far more of that before Moshiri turned up and we had a DOF.
The refuseniks that our currently preventing Nuno and his team from becoming Everton manager were the ones who made it impossible for Martinez long term.

Let's have this right: first 18 months under RM and we were purring. Last 18 months the support he received from the club and the fans was appalling. We were in the latter stages of two cups and still people were determined to oust him.

Long story short: his ultimate failure at Everton had every bit as much to do with forces outside his own decision making.

The club has already dropped the biggest clue.

The new manager will have no previous EPL experience.

So forget Nuno, Moyes, Dyche, Potter, Howe. It won’t be any of them.

So have I got this right: our preferred choice of manager was missed out on because the club want to keep serial losers Jevons, Unsworth, Ebbrell, Ferguson and Baines in their roles?

He's only our preferred choice according to the tabloids, so he's obviously not our preferred choice otherwise we would have got him

Also totally transformed brightons style from hughtons dour park the bus tactics to good attacking football.
What id fear for him here is being hounded out of the job after 12 months or so.

so let me get this straight, you'd rather our squad than chelseas?!!
No...misunderstood !!!! what im saying is that with the restraints that Lampard had, as in transfer embargos, i believe he did a good job, and would be a far better option, than any of the other options flying about for us !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.