New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Brighton hardly have the best striking options do they?

They created a lot of chances but didn't slot

We have a good striker in DCL

We create the same amount of chances as Bright did but stick a good striker on the end of them then surely that suggests we'll score more goals?

His Brighton side were tight at the back, so if we're tight at the back and scoring goals then we'll win football games and thus have points and thus be in contention for European places

That's just common sense isn't it?
aN00Tv.gif

We moan about our fitness staff and that we give ‘jobs for the boys’ yet, are critical when someone wants a clean sweep.

The same staff have all been there long term and failed under several regimes now.
Im not moaning about someone wanting their own staff in fact like you id like a clean sweep but you have to have limits on the number of staff people want too.

We moan about our fitness staff and that we give ‘jobs for the boys’ yet, are critical when someone wants a clean sweep.

The same staff have all been there long term and failed under several regimes now.
Nah that's rubbish. Nothing to suggest they've failed at all. It's like if your car breaks down it doesn't mean that every part of the engine is faulty. I think people generally tend to overstate the influence of the backroom staff

Think that could be the trouble here, we seem to have three different factions going for different types of managers, Kenwright = Moyes or Martinez, Brands seems to like Potter, been mentioned with Ten Hag, and Moshiri linked with Nuno and anything Hollywood lol
If Brands cant see beyond Potter then seriously what does he do all day?
I dont particularly dismiss Potter and would take him over Howe(whats that all about?) Benitez , Duncan, Nuno and Moyes but where is the imput from the DOF who is supposed to have his ear to the ground?

I wouldn't give Potter the job based on his time with Ostersund alone, but his achievement there was spectacular. To turn that side into repeat league winners and into the knockout stage of the Europa League is no mean feat at all. Their group contained Galatasaray and Bilbao.

Koeman embarrassed us in the same competition.

I'd like him to have done a bit more at Brighton, just a bit, but they haven't got the cheque book out at all there much, and he has put a very solid foundation in place.

What's important for me is potential, and he has that. It's a case of being given an opportunity to show what he can do with it.

I would wonder about Godfrey under Potter. He’s an aggressive defender but he’s not really a ball player. Potter binned Duffy for that reason.
Obviously Ben is a lot quicker with room to improve.

So have I got this right: our preferred choice of manager was missed out on because the club want to keep serial losers Jevons, Unsworth, Ebbrell, Ferguson and Baines in their roles?

What a situation.

A retirement home for no marks.

Great news if Nuno has agreed to join Palace.
That's a good fit I think. Palace fans are used to turgid defensive football under Hodgson.

Not so sure. They have about 8 players.

Guess that's a nice blank slate though.
Yeh but they have Benteke who did enough in the 2nd half of last season to get a new contract ,despite having scored only 6 goals in the previous four seasons . :dance:

I'm singing from the same hymn sheet as you: no to Roberto for me.

He gave us a go and couldn't shift the cultural dial of the club back far enough to impose a possession based game on us. And he'd have that problem again.

Some (many or even most) Evertonians seem to want a direct long ball style of play. They rejected the school of science.
Based on that get Dyche in lol its Brands job to hire the right coaches and players to play possession based football. If it wins things the fans won't care

Potter's been my favourite, realistic choice since Carlo left. Hope there's something in it. His style of play is definitely something we can get behind

Status
Not open for further replies.