New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
5th February 2019. I was at Goodison and saw Wolves beat us 1-3.
The match was memorable for Gomes' first and ( I think ) only goal a wonderful shot from the edge of the box.
Wolves were a disgrace. They got 11 men behind the ball , fouled to disrupt any rhythm and just held their position and waited for a mistake or misplaced pass ( mind you there were a few of them ! ) and then they broke.
Admitedly when they countered they did so effectively with pace and got men forward but it was parasite football.
To be fair to Nuno you could tell that the players were fit , well coached and knew their respective roles but the football was so negative.
It wouldn't be a style of football that would go down well at Goodison.
They battered us.

Eddie Howe got taken to the cleaners by the rs, for Dominic Solanke and Jordan Ibe. Is that the sort of man, that you would want managing Everton? He did do a reasonable job at Bournemouth, but at the end of the day, he still got them relegated. Between Martinez and Silva, we don't need another manager with a relegation on his resume. I love Big Dunc but as a manager long term, i'm not sure it would work out. I'd be happy enough with Nuno Santo, he ticks enough boxes for me, but at the same time i hope that we can secure a better manager than him as well. But i think Santo would do a good solid job for us.

Joachim Low? Fifteen years in international management, without having to deal with day-to-day training, running a team, working with a DoF to identify players etc would all be too much of a risk. His club experience prior is nothing to shout about either.

Swerve.

The DoF is the very reason the time out of club management wouldn’t really be such an issue

He can focus on coaching whilst Brands does the rest

He’d almost be perfect for what Brands wants

Eddie Howe for me. Think he would do a cracking job. Yes, he took Bournemouth down, but he took them all the way to the Prem from lower leagues first. He seems a decent fella, is an Evertonian and 'gets' the club.

Plus he would have a burning desire to do well and not look to jump ship when something more attractive comes along.

Yes, I know the 2 signings from the Reds were shockers but he made plenty of good signings as well. All clubs make nonsensical signings - Iwobi anyone? - but I think he would sort us out and build us for the future

Eddie Howe for me. Think he would do a cracking job. Yes, he took Bournemouth down, but he took them all the way to the Prem from lower leagues first. He seems a decent fella, is an Evertonian and 'gets' the club.

Plus he would have a burning desire to do well and not look to jump ship when something more attractive comes along.

Yes, I know the 2 signings from the Reds were shockers but he made plenty of good signings as well. All clubs make nonsensical signings - Iwobi anyone? - but I think he would sort us out and build us for the future

He’s a Watford fan

The DoF is the very reason the time out of club management wouldn’t really be such an issue

But he literally sits on his arse for 85% of the year, probably on the training ground for about 30 days over an average calendar year. Hasn't had to rebuild a club that didn't have a plethora of talent, nor spoke his local language. He definitely wouldn't be the answer for us.

He hasn't managed a reputable club side since 1999. Club management and international management are worlds apart. Maybe would have been worth a look after Martinez left, but certainly not now.

When you have to put that disclaimer in the first line of a post suggesting a manager, you should close your computer and forget it.

But he literally sits on his arse for 85% of the year, probably on the training ground for about 30 days over an average calendar year. Hasn't had to rebuild a club that didn't have a plethora of talent, nor spoke his local language. He definitely wouldn't be the answer for us.

I’m pretty certain he speaks English

Feel free to correct me if wrong

There’d need to be a transition obviously, but I think with Brands’ help he’d manage it

If he can get us playing like that German side then it’s worth a gamble

He’d be a genuinely interesting and exciting appointment compared to some of the other names we’re being linked with

When you have to put that disclaimer in the first line of a post suggesting a manager, you should close your computer and forget it.
Not really. He took Bournemouth from League 2 to the Premier League. Thats incredible when you actually think about it and the size of their ground, their resources etc.... Plus he kept them there for a few seasons as well. They were always going to go down at some stage. Its a miracle he kept them up for so long tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.