New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
DCL average 6 a season under DF coaching for a few years CA comes in and he bags 20... yeah that was all Ferguson doing and nowt to do with Carlo

Well it was mostly down to the fact that both Dunc and Ancelotti actually both played him as a striker and didn't starve him of service

Koeman constantly played him out position and Silva left him horribly isolated due to his awful system

Not much Dunc could have done about that when he wasn't choosing the tactics himself. Any striker would have struggled there, regardless of coaching

It's one of the reasons the DCL haters were so off base as they never took that sort of stuff into consideration

Again, I'm not saying Dunc should get the top job, but I'm fine with him as a coach

Duncan Ferguson would relegate this club. We get in to trouble, he wouldn’t handle it. The club won’t sack him and we go down.
Duncan Ferguson is totally the wrong person for the job.

But he has PASSION an MOTIVATION... yeah cos we looked well motivated against Newcastle/Fulham/Burnley/Sheff Utd

He was part of the coaching staff, he just as much to blame as CA
So do I have this correct. DF was supposed to push Ancelotti out of the way during the half time team talks in those games and lay into that lazy shower?

5th February 2019. I was at Goodison and saw Wolves beat us 1-3.
The match was memorable for Gomes' first and ( I think ) only goal a wonderful shot from the edge of the box.
Wolves were a disgrace. They got 11 men behind the ball , fouled to disrupt any rhythm and just held their position and waited for a mistake or misplaced pass ( mind you there were a few of them ! ) and then they broke.
Admitedly when they countered they did so effectively with pace and got men forward but it was parasite football.
To be fair to Nuno you could tell that the players were fit , well coached and knew their respective roles but the football was so negative.
It wouldn't be a style of football that would go down well at Goodison.
So that would be Ancelotti,but with goals?

So do I have this correct. DF was supposed to push Ancelotti out of the way during the half time team talks in those games and lay into that lazy shower?
Yes and I imagine he did it a few times still didn’t fire them up

No , I dont think Ancelotti had any plan.
We just defended !
The more i read about Ancelotti the more i think we're better off without.
It's no coincidence that the games we did well in were the big matches where time and care was clearly put into a game plan. The matches against the so called lesser sides the players appear to have been told to just to go out and play. Firstly we don't have good enough players to do that and secondly it's the premierleague. You underestimate any team and they sting ya.

So that would be Ancelotti,but with goals?
In all seriousness Nuno's football probably would be an improvement on the dross we saw in the 2nd half of the season under Ancelotti but......
1. We don't , apart from Richarlison and DCL , have players with pace who could play on the break.
2. It is neither a sustainable or acceptable method of playing long term.

Ask yourself a question - if Goodison had had fans in last season what would have been the reaction to the turgid football ?

In all seriousness Nuno's football probably would be an improvement on the dross we saw in the 2nd half of the season under Ancelotti but......
1. We don't , apart from Richarlison and DCL , have players with pace who could play on the break.
2. It is neither a sustainable or acceptable method of playing long term.

Ask yourself a question - if Goodison had had fans in last season what would have been the reaction to the turgid football ?
Didn't see much of Wolves at home but don't think they played like that, remember the game there when they schooled us. Image with some money to buy a few players he could do something.

When I started supporting Everton the manager wasn't even an ex player. He was previously secretary of the club, an administrator. His name was Theo Kelly. We were relegated a few years later. (Cost me threepence in a bet I lost to an RS lad in the next desk)
I've read about this Theo Kelly. A very spiteful nasty man by all accounts, who drove legends like Dixie Dean Joe Mercer and Tommy Lawton out of the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.