New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
My issue with appointing Nuno is simply this, would Spurs, Chelsea, Manure, RS, City, Arsenal etc appoint him as their Manager? The answer is a resounding no and if our aim is to be competing with the top teams then we shouldn't be appointing him either. We got Ancelotti no matter how over the hill he is and we should be patient and get another high quality Manager that any top team would appoint.

Appointing someone like Nuno no matter how well or bad he might do is accepting we are a mid table team and can get no better. We can get better and should get better.

liverpool appointed brendan rodgers after only a mid table finish with swansea. I dont think its an exact science to say they must have been ultra successful elsewhere to get this job. Artea and solskjaer certainly dont fill that criteria. Dont even think Everton are in a position to say it either. I mean what is the massive appeal of Everton to someone who may be of high stock? Observers from outside can see just as much as we can the work needed doing here is huge. Even if they are given a lot of funds the calibre of player is still very hard to get considering we have no european football let alone CL as a carrot. It hardly will have top sought after managers queuing up outside the door.
Im very undecided on nuno. His stock was quite high pre last season at wolves. Alarmed that losing one player basically had them collapsing.
Everton need a good coach and he needs time to set his style and stamp on the club.
Many will turn their noses up at graham potter. But he ticks a lot of boxes for me for longer term thinking at the club other than lets just try and look box office again.

I’ve thought about it and I’d take a punt on Graham Potter. He’s got an identifiable style of play, something we’ve lacked for years, his teams work bloody hard, again something we rarely do, and the xG was through the roof. If his name was Giuseppe Potterino the football hipsters would be all over him.

Whats the difference between Potter and Howe -- apart from the poor signings Howe made ?

If Brands made the signings and Howe / Potter were the 'Head Coach' and had to use what they were given...

...whats the difference?

I’m at the stage where I really don’t care who takes over. I thought Carlo was going to be a great appointment, but, the second half of the season was an absolute shambles and the football, apart from the first 7 games was as bad as anything I have seen since Walter Smith’s era.

I was quite pleased when we appointed Koeman, that went well too. In future I will just wait and see who we appoint and then give them a season before I decide if I like them or not.

As long as the next manager is not A:- any former Liverpool player or manager or B:- Anybody called Sam Allardyce, I will welcome them and, cautiously, hope for the best.

Whats the difference between Potter and Howe -- apart from the poor signings Howe made ?

If Brands made the signings and Howe / Potter were the 'Head Coach' and had to use what they were given...

...whats the difference?
Potter's teams look better organised and more balanced to me. Howe always looked a little kamikaze and his teams were prone to getting totally thrashed when things went bad. Potter seems to have a fairly decent balance between attack and defence from what I've seen.

liverpool appointed brendan rodgers after only a mid table finish with swansea. I dont think its an exact science to say they must have been ultra successful elsewhere to get this job. Artea and solskjaer certainly dont fill that criteria. Dont even think Everton are in a position to say it either. I mean what is the massive appeal of Everton to someone who may be of high stock? Observers from outside can see just as much as we can the work needed doing here is huge. Even if they are given a lot of funds the calibre of player is still very hard to get considering we have no european football let alone CL as a carrot. It hardly will have top sought after managers queuing up outside the door.
Im very undecided on nuno. His stock was quite high pre last season at wolves. Alarmed that losing one player basically had them collapsing.
Everton need a good coach and he needs time to set his style and stamp on the club.
Many will turn their noses up at graham potter. But he ticks a lot of boxes for me for longer term thinking at the club other than lets just try and look box office again.
Unsure of Potter but the fact is, nobody really knows who will work. Talented, young (ish) and hungry are pretty good qualifications.

Status
Not open for further replies.