New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the DoF was in charge of managerial appointments then it would do. You can't have a DoF who's well known philosophy is to buy low, develop younger and sell high, and then bring in a manager who no matter how good he is, wants older, experienced players for instant results.

I hope Brands gets his choice this time. MOsh has had his picks, and obviously I can't blame him for taking Ancelotti, it was a coup. Now let Brands do his job and take full control.
Surely Nuno is not an informed choice, if it is Brands, just a case of easily available.

Think the decision needs to be made sooner rather than later . We need to get some players in the door !! Will brands buy without approval of new man ? I can’t see it .. time for the club to stand up and grow a set !!

If both club and manager are growing together, that seems like the ideal scenario for me.

Which is why the right fit is important.

Conte would just treat us as a placeholder and a cash cow, and that is not happening anyway.
The only way for it to work with Conte is the board gives him a load to spend this summer and says get us into the CL this season then you can go where you want. Can’t see it happening at all.

In terms of longer term appointments I would like someone who is doing well and on an upward curve. No idea who that might be but we want someone on the top of their game.

One season with derby hardly warrants a learnt his trade in the lower leagues.
Chelsea were a bit of a mess under him. He had a squad far far more capable than this Everton one and was he not below Everton when he was sacked.
Kante on the wing? Thats a sackable offence on its own.
Look at Derby without Lampard!

When I started supporting Everton the manager wasn't even an ex player. He was previously secretary of the club, an administrator. His name was Theo Kelly. We were relegated a few years later. (Cost me threepence in a bet I lost to an RS lad in the next desk)
Ha, I can see how you picked your user name.

Think the decision needs to be made sooner rather than later . We need to get some players in the door !! Will brands buy without approval of new man ? I can’t see it .. time for the club to stand up and grow a set !!

Me either.

I think it's important for any new signing to come in with 'manager approval'

I mean, Ancelotti admitted to never having heard of Godfrey but you still need the manager in place.

I dont blame them for not having a clue yet - this time. CA gave no warning and just left within two days.
I’ve been told that CA‘s son moved out of his house the day after the City game, and Ancelotti’s GF was posting her goodbye’s to people on Instagram a couple of weeks be CA left Everton, if this is all true then I think Everton knew full well this was going to happen.

My issue with appointing Nuno is simply this, would Spurs, Chelsea, Manure, RS, City, Arsenal etc appoint him as their Manager? The answer is a resounding no and if our aim is to be competing with the top teams then we shouldn't be appointing him either. We got Ancelotti no matter how over the hill he is and we should be patient and get another high quality Manager that any top team would appoint.

Appointing someone like Nuno no matter how well or bad he might do is accepting we are a mid table team and can get no better. We can get better and should get better.

I’ve been told that CA‘s son moved out of his house the day after the City game, and Ancelotti’s GF was posting her goodbye’s to people on Instagram a couple of weeks be CA left Everton, if this is all true then I think Everton knew full well this was going to happen.
I think CA’s son apparently bought a new house in the area so that was why he was moving out. It seems well known Carlo wasn’t happy though, for whatever reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.