New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given a manager is only ever a bad few months from the sack, I think they should always have a shortlist. They probably do. It should prevent the flavour of the month appointments.

I think we should also be proactively trying to build a pipeline of managers, which to be fair, we look to be doing since Brands come in.
You’d have to imagine that we have spoken to a number of candidates already and are continuing to do so. The club’s short term ambitions and transfer budget will be key in determining what calibre of candidate we can get.

If we are looking at Conte or similar, which I imagine we aren’t, then success has to happen now. And that means massive investment. I don’t see that fitting with Brands apparent remit. But time will tell I guess.

That's fair and yes in normal circumstances, a manager leaves because hej's been sacked or he's been excellent, so they know to be ready. I can slightly understand why they may be "off-guard" here.

Just need to let Brands have full control because it doesn't feel like he's been able to make one appointment yet of his choosing. I'd love for us to have a system in place where we can have a U23's manager be ready to step up, or develop them so they can take over - however doesnt really happen in England.

Not convinced on Brands personally, but I've credited him a lot for Ancelotti.

Although Ancelotti met with Usmanov/Moshiri - we have to assume that Brands was central too. January 2019;

Everton CEO when Brands was promoted to the board: “Our approach now is to have a Director of Football with a broader remit, responsible for the whole footballing strategy at the Club, rather than just player recruitment,”

"Marcel is now responsible, and accountable, for delivering the long-term, holistic, football strategy and principles, from Academy through to the first team.
“Marcel has now begun his work on delivering the cub’s long-term, permanent football strategy, working closely with the Academy Director (Joel Waldron) and Head of Football Strategy (Richard Battle).”

I was in the "Now, Brands can get on with his job/have full control" back in January 2019. Nothing has changed since then, to warrant the new growing consensus of 'Now it's Brands in control...'

I think it's fair to say that the hiring of Ancelotti has bollocksed up any sort of 'plan' that Brands was trying to implement
You’d have to think so. It just seems at odds with the long term vision of buying younger players on lower wages but with higher transfer fees, which I believe he talked about.

Not convinced on Brands personally, but I've credited him a lot for Ancelotti.

Although Ancelotti met with Usmanov/Moshiri - we have to assume that Brands was central too. January 2019;

I was in the "Now, Brands can get on with his job/have full control" back in January 2019. Nothing has changed since then, to warrant the new growing consensus of 'Now it's Brands in control...'
I’d agree that I’m not convinced. It may be that others are interfering in his decisions but if that’s the case why did he sign a new contract?

I’d agree that I’m not convinced. It may be that others are interfering in his decisions but if that’s the case why did he sign a new contract?

Exactly.

I don't accept the "but, but, but others are doing Brands' job since he come in 2018"

Or, as I'm seeing in recent weeks "can we finally now let Brands do his job"

That's as big a criticism as you can direct at him - that he'd be so passive to let others do his job. He'd have resigned or not renewed his contract.

Never recovered from the Anfield Darby, broke the team and Silva couldn’t cope, had that gone out I think things would of been totally different, we where great up to that point
You mean the Pickford shocker one? I'm pretty sure he did recover from that and had a strong finish to the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.