New Everton Manager

Next ex-Everton manager

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. That's an opinion and you're welcome to it. Why would 4 games be the optimum though?

And what did he "get away with" in your mind?

Do you think sometimes, you allow for confirmation bias mate? You have really good insights on things, but sometimes you seem to find/invent evidence to find substantiate your opinion.
I'm not really sure why this is the post to bring up stuff like that. I just thought Duncan was an extremely limited manager and you could see in that Leicester game that it was starting to be figured out by more competent opponents. Was four the exact number? No that was sort of just me being dumb but he wouldn't have gone on as he was much longer for a few reasons imo, most notably we didn't bother really passing to other players on our team during his stint.

Don’t know for sure, but I think if we got a Potter or a similar type, a young manager/coach who would be taking a big step up to join us, it would represent him making the choice and setting out a long term plan rather than a what we’ve done recently
You mean like we did with silva and Martinez.

Somewhat, but different

Silva was Moshiri’s choice, so Brands never really influenced him
Martinez was pre-DOF and ran the first team side of things as he saw fit
I think Martinez would be great back with us now. He’d have surely learnt his mistakes by now.

either that or Belgium players just ignore him and play how they want.

I'm not really sure why this is the post to bring up stuff like that. I just thought Duncan was an extremely limited manager and you could see in that Leicester game that it was starting to be figured out by more competent opponents. Was four the exact number? No that was sort of just me being dumb but he wouldn't have gone on as he was much longer for a few reasons imo, most notably we didn't bother really passing to other players on our team during his stint.

It just seemed like you felt Ferguson wasnt going to work long term and you fixed some evidence to suit that claim.

What you've put above makes a lot more se se to me. I probably share the same concerns that I dont know how sustainable it would be beyond the short term. I thought Ferguson showed he was a bit cuter than just an up and at them manager though and displayed some decent in game management. There is no doubt he rode the crest of a wave a bit though.

I wouldnt be against Ferguson if the right team was put in around him. I think he might be good for youth development as it happens. I get the sense you are quite keen on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.